88 Degrees

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by goldrod » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:00 pm

ss30378 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 am
I'm a Yankee transplanted to the south 8 years ago from MI. The first couple summers were a bit shocking but I'm learning to deal with it now. I'll now gladly take the summer heat to not have to shovel snow and deal with the hard water months.

I just got back from central TX last week for a quick work trip. The humidity difference was amazing, 99 degrees actual temp was quite comfortable in TX with the low humidity, much better than a normal 85 degree day here with AL humidity. I took a trip out to WSMR, NM a few years back, it was 115 degrees wasn't bad at all.

The worst heat I experienced was in the middle east, 130 degrees + actual temp was terrible mid day and even at midnight it was still 106 degrees. I tell people just open up a hot oven in you face and you've experienced the middle east.

I’m with you on the Middle East.
It’s so hot and you think it’s going to cool off at night. 👎🏾 Nope. I recall it being 2300 and I stepped outside for five minutes and i had a puddle unearthed my feet. It’s the hottest I’ve ever been in my entire life. It’s so hot That your angry for no real reason.
Your Actions Make History and Your history makes your legacy

Instagram is @1ncetime

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by sarcazmo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:02 pm

I like going out when its 115. Get the lake almost to myself :-)

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by toddmc » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 am

It's been a record 88 degrees here the last two days in the dead of winter. The fish crash the banks! 8-)

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am

toddmc wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 am
It's been a record 88 degrees here the last two days in the dead of winter. The fish crash the banks! 8-)
Sounds like someone is having fun 🤩
Your Actions Make History and Your history makes your legacy

Instagram is @1ncetime

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:52 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am
toddmc wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 am
It's been a record 88 degrees here the last two days in the dead of winter. The fish crash the banks! 8-)
Sounds like someone is having fun 🤩
When the fish annihilate a moving bait on a heavy rod with 20 lb. fluoro it just seems to put my soul in the right place. :big grin:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by toddmc » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am

Last night was the last warm weather that we will have before a week of storms. I didn't want to go out because of the long hard miles that I rode on the bicycle in the afternoon, but the conditions were perfect with a little humidity to keep the heat in. 54 fish in 2.5 hours had me giggling every time that I would catch four or five in a row. :D Sorry for you guys that are iced in!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:45 pm

toddmc wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
Last night was the last warm weather that we will have before a week of storms. I didn't want to go out because of the long hard miles that I rode on the bicycle in the afternoon, but the conditions were perfect with a little humidity to keep the heat in. 54 fish in 2.5 hours had me giggling every time that I would catch four or five in a row. :D Sorry for you guys that are iced in!
It’s either the weather or the wife
Did some running around with her and made it home just to hear
“So what are you going to to do with the rest of the day?”
Weather has been one cold front after another but fish had been schooling
I’ve been bank fishing due to my schedule but when I was out they were killing the OSP Blitz max.
Your Actions Make History and Your history makes your legacy

Instagram is @1ncetime

User avatar
dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 am
Location: SE FL

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by dhottle » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:10 pm

It’s either the weather or the wife
Did some running around with her and made it home just to hear
“So what are you going to to do with the rest of the day?”
Weather has been one cold front after another but fish had been schooling
I’ve been bank fishing due to my schedule but when I was out they were killing the OSP Blitz max.
[/quote]

Reminds me of my wife asking
"So what are are you going to do today"

My least favorite question from my wife.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: 88 Degrees

Post by toddmc » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:09 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:45 pm
toddmc wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
Last night was the last warm weather that we will have before a week of storms. I didn't want to go out because of the long hard miles that I rode on the bicycle in the afternoon, but the conditions were perfect with a little humidity to keep the heat in. 54 fish in 2.5 hours had me giggling every time that I would catch four or five in a row. :D Sorry for you guys that are iced in!
It’s either the weather or the wife
Did some running around with her and made it home just to hear
“So what are you going to to do with the rest of the day?”
Weather has been one cold front after another but fish had been schooling
I’ve been bank fishing due to my schedule but when I was out they were killing the OSP Blitz max.
I'm a person that tries to squeeze three days of stuff into every day. So, my ex-wife never dared to imply that I should be doing something around the house. It was the other way around. :lol: I know that you like the OSP baits. A lot of my friends in the west are throwing their hard and soft baits on the down low.

Post Reply