Hydrowave

Is there any other species?
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Hydrowave

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:21 pm

KVD was using the Hydrowave during the classic.

http://www.hydrowave.com/

Do you guys think these should be allowed in Elite series tourneys? I mean...these guys are good enough - right? I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons Martens, KVD, Rook and that young kid were killing them so close to each other.

samuraiti
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Hydrowave

Post by samuraiti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

I have mixed reactions to those devices. My buddy had one on his boat (the biosonix) and although sometimes it seemed to kind of work, there were plenty of times we got blanked in areas we know very well.

I did hear that if you go through an area multiple times, it seems to work better. We tried that too and still only got mixed results. I think it is more of a confidence thing and KVD can catch fish anywhere so even if was scaring fish away, KVD would still get them. :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't spend my money on it.

Todd

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Just do not use this if you are fishing waters that might have bull sharks in it. :lol: I guess we needed our version of the deer call sooner or later (what is next fish pee). Personally I will pass, I think this will go away quicker than the Color Selector from years ago.

sacrtrain
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by sacrtrain » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Prob just another gimmick to catch fishermen. It seems like there is a new one every year.

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:26 am

Bzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzz ( unit buzzing )

Hydrowave/biosonix manufacturer claims it´s the sound of prey fish to attract predatory fish

Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzz

Bass: WTH is that annoying sound ? !?!?

prairiedog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by prairiedog » Sat May 14, 2011 5:01 am

I don't know if they work or not. But, I don't think they belong in a bass tournament. It's really no different than chumming to attract fish.

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Wed May 18, 2011 3:00 pm

[-( [-( [-( [-( IS all I can say. I hope B.A.S.S banns these ASAP!

](*,)
Last edited by Bassboss on Wed May 18, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Wed May 18, 2011 3:03 pm

raul wrote:Bzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzz ( unit buzzing )

Hydrowave/biosonix manufacturer claims it´s the sound of prey fish to attract predatory fish

Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzz

Bass: WTH is that annoying sound ? !?!?
Bass 2: I dunno but we'd better start eating everything in site in case that's what's making the noise!!

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Fri May 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I thank these are a joke I can not believe these things work other than for the person taking your money to the bank.

PhilPar
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by PhilPar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 am

I don't think they are a joke. I personally think they work. If they did not I really don't think all the Bassmaster and FLW guys would have them on their boats. They don't have a pro staff that I know of so I don't think these guys are getting paid to use them. The concept makes sense but I think you really need to know how to use them. I also cant think that KVD would put his name on a gimmick. He never has. Jury is out. If anyone gets one give me the 411 on the value. They have not outlawed my duck call yet but then again I don't use it in duck tournaments.

518bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 518bassin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:36 pm

From what I read KVD and Jeff Kriet are minority owners in the venture which is why they are using it. Im not saying they dont work because I wouldnt have a clue. I would like to think in my perfect little world that at this stage of his career KVD would not just put his name and get involved in something that was a known rip-off and risk tarnishing his brand.

mrborohachi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrborohachi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

does anyone posting own one or been on a boat that has one???? I personally say spend more money on a HD fish finder

PhilPar
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by PhilPar » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:16 am

I don't know. I keep hearing some really good comments by very legit anglers. I bet they will always remain legal. The only thing I have seen outlawed was live bait and a telephone. I mean that side imaging shows pictures of fish. I do think we will know by next season an see just how many pro's are running them. They don't put stuff on their boat for fun and good looks. If you see them (theres your sign) if you don't (theres your sign)l. Personally, if it worked for me I would not tell a soul.

cull_none
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by cull_none » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:03 pm

I have one on my boat and i was unsure if it worked or not but i have seen it really get fished busting the top of water and then turn it off and not work. also yesterday i went to adjust my graph to where the sun was hitting it so bad and my bait was in the water and i had one come up and eat it i wont say that it wouldnt have done it without it but ive never had that happen before

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:54 am

PhilPar wrote:I don't think they are a joke. I personally think they work. If they did not I really don't think all the Bassmaster and FLW guys would have them on their boats. They don't have a pro staff that I know of so I don't think these guys are getting paid to use them. The concept makes sense but I think you really need to know how to use them. I also cant think that KVD would put his name on a gimmick. He never has. Jury is out. If anyone gets one give me the 411 on the value. They have not outlawed my duck call yet but then again I don't use it in duck tournaments.
Hmmmm....

- KVD has endorsed some sub-par Strike King and Quantum products long before what we see today.

- I don't believe you can C&R a "winged" duck.

Whether it works or not remains to be seen...so far as being in tourneys, I say no, but in the end really don't care.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."