Best Time of year to fish El Salto?

Is there any other species?
teamfishbig13
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Best Time of year to fish El Salto?

Post by teamfishbig13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Hey so I know a lot of guys on here fish El salto, some even a couple times of year (lucky you), and Im lucky enough to be planning a trip down there and I wanted to know when the best time of year to go fishing for the big girls is? I've read that they spawn Dec-Feb but I've also read that they spawn multiple times. I have gone done there once before in late June when the water was real low. We caught maybe 5 fish in the 8-9 pound range but they all seemed to be pretty skinny, I'm thinking that if i went down there at the right time of year all of those 5 fish would of been double digit pigs. So any info on the best time of year to catch a hawg in el salto would be greatly appreciated! thanks

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Best Time of year to fish El Salto?

Post by LordRiper » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:02 pm

October - March, just a "heat" decision....
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

teamfishbig13
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by teamfishbig13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Ok thanks- thats what seems to be the consensus for the big ones. What is the water level like during those months?

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 am

We just fished the last 4 days of january. It was awesome. 175+ fish per day. Caught a personal best 10-6. Lost a larger fish that we saw. It jumped and near the boat it wrapped on a limb and broke off. Went thru Doug King of probass adventures. Food and Service was great. :D
Fish on!

jbassc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbassc » Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Now a days its not very safe to travel down south at any time especially sinaloa which is were el salto is located :evil: lol but if your goona make the trip i heard the topwater bite goes insane from sep till nov.