The Most Exotic Bass Fishing Locations

Is there any other species?
fishing247
Angler
Angler

The Most Exotic Bass Fishing Locations

Post by fishing247 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about my next trip and wondering if you had some suggestions for truely exotic, adventurous, strange, interesting, unique bass fishing locations around the world. So just suggest a few locations or share some stories.

A few of my favorite trips

1. Shikoku, Japan
This area has thousands of lakes in a very small area. I flew over there with a backpack full of lures, 2 piece rods, a folding bike and printed google maps. I biked all around the area for 3 weeks covering 10-30 bodies of water every day. It was off the chain!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=shikoku+j ... u&t=m&z=14

2. The Canals of Southern Florida.
Just rented a car and had some maps, jumped fences, hid in bushes, caught peacock bass and largies while dodging cops, security, dead chickens from Santeria, and gators. 2 weeks of pure fishing awesome :big grin:

trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: The Most Exotic Bass Fishing Locations

Post by trav » Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

I read about Cuba in the book "Sow Belly". The way the writer described it, could be right up your alley.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat May 05, 2012 6:28 am

I have a dream to fish Lake Biwa. I want to climb Fuji-san at night to watch the sunrise and then fish Biwa the next day.

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Tokugawa wrote:I have a dream to fish Lake Biwa. I want to climb Fuji-san at night to watch the sunrise and then fish Biwa the next day.
I fished Lake Biwa with captain G throwing big baits at night, it was a fun experience for sure. We didn't catch any monsters but def fun and adventurous. That lake would be fun with a boat...

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 pm

trav wrote:I read about Cuba in the book "Sow Belly". The way the writer described it, could be right up your alley.
Im going to have to check that book out, didnt know it existed. Thanks!

518bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 518bassin » Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 pm

There's also bass in Portugal, France, Spain, and Italy.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue May 15, 2012 10:34 pm

If you are looking for adventure and some monster bass,Zimbabwe is worth a shot.
Happiness is a sore thumb

jbassc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbassc » Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 am

Papua new guinea black bass fishing look it up.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Thu May 17, 2012 7:36 am

fishing247 wrote:Hey Guys,

I was thinking about my next trip and wondering if you had some suggestions for truely exotic, adventurous, strange, interesting, unique bass fishing locations around the world. So just suggest a few locations or share some stories.

A few of my favorite trips

1. Shikoku, Japan
This area has thousands of lakes in a very small area. I flew over there with a backpack full of lures, 2 piece rods, a folding bike and printed google maps. I biked all around the area for 3 weeks covering 10-30 bodies of water every day. It was off the chain!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=shikoku+j ... u&t=m&z=14

2. The Canals of Southern Florida.
Just rented a car and had some maps, jumped fences, hid in bushes, caught peacock bass and largies while dodging cops, security, dead chickens from Santeria, and gators. 2 weeks of pure fishing awesome :big grin:

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 am

jbassc wrote:Papua new guinea black bass fishing look it up.

A few years ago i looked this trip up and it sounded awesome! it was expensive though. . . I think
I went to thailand and malaysia that year instead for the snakehead. They were filming a national geographic fishing show out at one of the spots we were at. That dude Jean Francois Helias was even out there too.

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:12 am

trav wrote:I read about Cuba in the book "Sow Belly". The way the writer described it, could be right up your alley.
I acquired the book, fast read. Thanks for the recommendation!

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 am

518bassin wrote:There's also bass in Portugal, France, Spain, and Italy.
i wonder how the back waters are out there....... got me thinking.

fishing247
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing247 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 am

africanbass wrote:If you are looking for adventure and some monster bass,Zimbabwe is worth a shot.
ill have to look that up. Have you been?

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 am

Biwa, Clear Lake, El sato, Cuba, and my own back yard Okeechobee/Toho. All at night from dusk to dawn and all with big baits looking for one big memorable bite. Not sure I can fish Clear Lake at night legally so I may need a blacked out boat without lights and go stealth or dress like a Navy Seal and fish the banks unnoticed. One rod, one reel and a few big baits and roll the dice for some mind blowing experience. I'm pretty sure the shoreline commando night style will be needed in Cuba. :)

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm

GARRIGA wrote:Biwa, Clear Lake, El sato, Cuba, and my own back yard Okeechobee/Toho. All at night from dusk to dawn and all with big baits looking for one big memorable bite. Not sure I can fish Clear Lake at night legally so I may need a blacked out boat without lights and go stealth or dress like a Navy Seal and fish the banks unnoticed. One rod, one reel and a few big baits and roll the dice for some mind blowing experience. I'm pretty sure the shoreline commando night style will be needed in Cuba. :)
clear lake at night is totally legal. i have friends that live up there and that is the only time they fish. i've fished it at night too. great lake for night fishing. there are a few guides that do night trips.