Lost fish therapy

Is there any other species?
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lost fish therapy

Post by poisonokie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 pm

God, I lost a nice one today. I was using a light power rod and an Alphas Air with 8# braid to a 6# fluoro leader to a light wire owner cover shot hook and roboworm Texas rigged with a mojo sinker. I got a solid, textbook hook set and this fish was pulling drag like crazy. I thumbed the spool a couple of times to try and keep it under control, and the rod was doing great at absorbing the surges, but after I got a good look at it, she took a run under the golf cart bridge I was standing next to and broke the line off at the terminal knot. Oh, it sucked so bad, especially because I haven't been able to fish much at all this summer. I knew when I tied that knot that it wasn't quite up to snuff, but really the leader knot was about ready to go, too. It was just a tough situation. The fight was still a lot of fun, though, so I'm cool with it I guess. I've decided to go straight braid with that particular bait/tackle combo from know on and tie a Bimini Twist and use a Palomar on the hook. I'm sure that would've held.

Somewhere in that pond there's a good, hard fighting 5-6 pounder with one of these in its lip. Perhaps we'll meet again one day...

This is the way.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lost fish therapy

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 am

I swear a lot...and then cry :crying: