Hot Fish !!

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Hot Fish !!

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Went out this afternoon, it was hot here in NE Florida. I called a buddy of mine and asked for suggestions on the where and what tech. He had no information to pass down except it’s hot and hard fishing the river. I said okay and decided to goto a clear deep lake because I figured that a dropshot and jb has to work if nothing else. I even had a topwater which for the life of me I don’t know how the fish came off a MB Diamante those hooks are so sharp that I’ve barely touched the bait and was hooked.

So I missed a good one but surely I could get something going.
I read about spooning and decided today was the day I was going to spoon or else. Surely spooning would produce. I casted and let it flutter like I had saw on YouTube. I jerked, ripped , twitched and pounded but spooning just wasn’t my thing today. Off to the Alabama rig, nothing. I used the manbearpig , I rigged a tungsten football weight with a bobber stop three inch high, after the weight, a force bead and a hook with a split ring. Crazy rig that is in between a football/ t-rig. Absolutely nothing.
I hydrated between picking up rods and fished almost everything single thing in the boat.

So I got my butt handed to me today. At the dock a older gentleman asked how to fish this lake. He said it’s soo hard and he threw the tackle box at them today’s ago and got nothing. He was told by someone that between 1000 and 1800 it’s best not to be on the water because you won’t get a bite. First thing this morning he said he got a 4lber on a trap. ](*,) , I didn’t throw that ](*,)

With the intel I collected I just drove home. Feeling miserable and racking my brain on what I could do differently, I came home to a package from Japan. It was the bantam shallow spool and two packs of 4 inch DoLive Beavers. Doesn’t take the pain away but certainly soothes it.

It is hot 🥵
Stay hydrated , freezing your drinks the night before helps a lot as long as you don’t bust the container.
I think I’ll go out Friday and flip pitch with the new spool.
Looking for that hot fish
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Hot Fish !!

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:17 am

Been doin alot of afternoon/night trips down here. Seems to be the better ticket for us.
<")))><{