My first "Dropped Shot" fish

Post by Johnny A » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:25 am

Found the fish.
Dropped the bait.
Bass grabbed bait.
Fought the fish.
To the boat.
Dropped the fish.

Is that why they call it "Drop Shotting"?

ps: My first dropped shotting adventure.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My first "Dropped Shot" fish

Post by toddmc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 am

Did you find the fish with your eyes or your electronics? You were sight fishing if you used your eyes to see the fish. You were video game fishing if you used your electronics to see the strike. :lol: Maybe we should start a bass lingo thread for the less experienced. Today's word is goodun! Now who can define it?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My first "Dropped Shot" fish

Post by Johnny A » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:44 pm

toddmc wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 am
Did you find the fish with your eyes or your electronics? You were sight fishing if you used your eyes to see the fish. You were video game fishing if you used your electronics to see the strike. :lol: Maybe we should start a bass lingo thread for the less experienced. Today's word is goodun! Now who can define it?
I actually located the fish with my Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRPS GPS G2 (how was that for kickass Pro Staff speak -- really, I'm not!). The first time in 40+ years of fishing I EVER used electronics to actually locate fish! I can't say a specific fish was targeted, I ain't that good! I found a school, more like a HUGE cloud of bait, cast to the edge, worked the bait through and felt the fish hit.
I didn't set the hook hard, just kept pressure on it. I was turning to bring the fish alongside the gunnel when it came unbuttoned.