Which is your preferred Large Mouth Bass Finesse Technique

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Which is your preferred Large Mouth Bass Finesse Technique

Post by antoniolopez944 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:28 am

I love to throw an owner ultra ball head 3/16 oz with a keitech easyshiner or swing impact in the spring. Late spring to late fall, I love to throw a low profile jig such as a bitsy flip/kietch casting or Ike mini flipping jig in 3/8oz with a baby rage craw trailer.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm

antoniolopez944 wrote:I love to throw an owner ultra ball head 3/16 oz with a keitech easyshiner or swing impact in the spring. Late spring to late fall, I love to throw a low profile jig such as a bitsy flip/kietch casting or Ike mini flipping jig in 3/8oz with a baby rage craw trailer.
I do this but with the weedless owner ball head shaky jig (3/16 ball head w/a EWG 2/0 hook). Fits a 4" Easy Shiner perfect, doesn't leave much gap for hooksets, but the lure is so soft and small you don't lose many fish. I love our river system, but even 3/8 finesse style jigs are getting big for the fish. Some of our biggest largemouth hit the tiniest baits. For now, my top three bass are on: 3.3" Keitech, 3.5" tube, and a crappie jig (accidently).

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:24 am

Ned Rig, Beetle Spin (home made in the style of, using a small paddle tail), 1/8oz Bitsy Bug with a small craw bait.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:38 am

There's nothing better than a jig bite.. oh man, but it stops your heart when they crush the swimbait... you know, that subtle "tick" when you're drop shotting with a super sensitive stick on light line... how about when they explode on that wake bait?... oh oh oh, when they come up through the matt and engulf the frog! .. or ... yeah, I think that's the appeal of bass fishing. You don't really have to choose :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:00 pm

Free rig with a OSP beaver or a tiny Deps bull flat. If I’m having trouble with moving baits those are my automatic finesse turn-to’s.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:17 pm

Recently, the OSP dice has been a killer technique for me. I didn’t believe in them till I threw it at a clear lake and saw the fish rise up to eat it. It just mesmerizes them. Finicky fish and clear lakes, flyline a dice on 4lb and watch them go bonkers,