positive customer service experiences

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

positive customer service experiences

Post by Derek777 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 pm

i think alot of times that the negative experiences we can have with retailers or manufacturers can overshadow the good experiences we have. in that line of thought, id like to provide some kudos to a few of the retailers/manufacturers that ive purchased from or used in the past while that have really made it a pleasure spending my hard earned cah on cool stuff.

1:) my most recent experience was with Brooklyn Bill. id never purchased anything from him before, but id viewed his site many a time browsing and drooling. well, he brought in some zillion crazy crankers of which i was waiting to pull the trigger on from a japanese retailer, and i snapped up two. i sent him the money on tuesday, and they arrived today, nib as stated. Bill was very easy to deal with, and was prompt with his replies, and obviously is ultra fast with his shipping.
id recommend him and his service to anyone.

2:) Plat. i placed my first ever jdm tackle order through Plat, and was not disappointed. the communication was great, and everything delivered was as specified in the order, other than a vagabond tarpon which was in the wrong box. i emailed Plat about this, and they gave me a credit for my next purchase there. he shipping was very quick, and would you believe EMS delivers on Sunday?
again, id recommend Plat to anyone.

3:)Airrus: i had contacted Ken about a specific purpose rod, and the one he recommended to me, and that i purchased from him directly was great. unfortunately, it broke when i hooked into a monster carp. I emailed Ken, and he sent me out a replacement rod that can very quickly. i am now a repeat customer, and have nothing but positive things to say about Ken and Airrus.

4:)D.R. i contacted him about rodding my td sol baitcaster, and he quoted me a price for the work and parts. I sne tit and the reel to him. unknown to him or i, i had one of the older sols, where you are unable to soup up the bearings in the levelwind. he contacted me, actually phoned me and told me about this, and said hed refund me the $ that i sent for that part of the tuning. i told him he didnt have to, but when i got my reel back, it not only worked perfectly, but it also contained a check for the unused parts. the reel works like a charm now, and i have nothing but positive things to say about D.R. and his reel tuning skills.

5:) Proshop Oksuta. GH turned me on to them and i emailed a request for a few things that werent on their site. they got back to me quickly, and told me they could get them in, and it would take a few days. sure enough, in a day, they emailed me back with an invoice, and i recieved my package as specified, and with a few bonus items as well. i would recommend them as well for harder to find items at a very fair price, and for great customer service.

6:)Mattman. though i havent actually received my 3 rods from him as of yet, his very professional but down to earth demanor, and extensive knowledge mixed with his obvious rod building talents have really impressed me. i originally had contacted him with a question about a saltwater blank and the attending nomenclature, and he was very helpful. through that contact, i decided to order a custom crankbait rod from him instead of buying a domestic or jdm model where i couldnt get exactly what i wanted (ie spiral wraps, stealth aesthetics etc). and since that first experience was so positive, i decided to order another rippin/crankin rod (since the one i had purchased used from a tt member got mangled by ups in transit.) and since i was already looking to build an inshore/fluke rod, i decided that since Matt was so helpful even when in the beginning, it didnt look like i would be ordering anything through him bu he still took the time to research a couple of blanks and give me his opinions, id go ahead and get him to build that third rod. he has made the expereince of getting a custom rod so thoroughly enjoyable, that im close to soured on regular high end domestic and jdm rods. i heartily recommend Mattman for the positive experience so for in getting my special sexy stealth rods on the way to reality.

id just like to thank these businesses for theirpositive customer service, smooth transactions, and making it that much easier to satisfy the baitmonkey.

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: positive customer service experiences

Post by 5bites » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Awesome post! I actually plan on doing business with some of the names you mentioned so I'm glad you shared.

KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by KoYak » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:40 am

Derek,

I've done business with everyone on your list except for Proshop Oksuta. And I agree they are top notch.

I'd like to add one to the list:

TackleWarehouse - Promptly returns email. Very quick shipping. Very knowledgeable staff. willing to do special orders. Very cheap shipping costs or no shipping costs.

Mike

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:00 am

Thank you Derek.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

even26
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by even26 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am

GREAT POSTING. However, you forgot to mention the Tackle Tour Crew!!! Without them and creating this forum, this would not be possible.

Thanks to the TT CREW (Zander, Jip, Cal, etc.) Hope to meet you guys in the future...

mikey
Angler
Angler

Post by mikey » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:26 pm

I second the TT crew.
I also would like to add all the people that post on the forum.
Think about how much money you may have saved by not buying a poor product.

SkinyWater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SkinyWater » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:19 am

Thanks dereck

You made me feel a little better...I sent off for my first jdm reel (presso) friday from brooklyn bills....my e-mail i sent to follow up with the order was sent back as spam or somthin so i am on pens and needles...thinking my money order is in limbo some where in postal land.

here's to tight lines and filled orders :shock:

Brooklyn Bill
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brooklyn Bill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:38 pm

thinking my money order is in limbo some where in postal land.
here's to tight lines and filled orders
SW,
Replied sent via the TT PM Please check, No worries it's all Good

Contac me at---brooklyn007bill@comcast.net

Thank you,
Brooklyn Bill 8-)

SkinyWater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SkinyWater » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:02 pm

WOW!

I really cant say how much i appreciate you chimeing in and putting my mind at ease. And if my rod comes before this weekend i'll be one happy camper....err for real too because i'm going to the mountains for a camping/fishing trip ;)

I will order from you again.....my presso will need some cork knobs and maybe a handle before long i suspect :)

Thanks again!

Brooklyn Bill
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brooklyn Bill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:30 pm

8-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn Bill

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Here's a few I have had good experiences with:

1) D.R. - He is just such a great guy to do business with. He sends prompt responses to questions, does absolutely fantastic work, and gets your equipment back to you pronto. I highly recommend his services to all my fishing buddies.

2) Tackle Warehouse - I've made several orders from them and they've always returned my emails with questions very quickly. They ship orders out very quickly. And the free shipping on orders over $50 is awesome too!! :)

3) Delo's Custom Tackle Shack - I have ordered 2 reels from this online retailer and he is a great guy to deal with as well. Like the others, he returns emails very quickly and ships very quickly as well. He'll go out of his way to give you a good deal.

I'm glad this thread was started. I don't mind taking the time to give kudos to those who treat people the way they should be treated. I have always heard great things about Brooklyn Bill, and I have no doubt his business is top-notch, but I emailed him about 2 months ago, waited a week, no response, emailed him again and PMed him on TT, waited a week, no response, and finally emailed him 1 more time, and up til now, still no response. I'm not trying to be negative on a positive thread such as this one, but it just baffles me to hear about all these great experiences, yet I was never contacted?

Thanks DR, Tacklewarehouse, and Delo's... 8-)

Justin

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue May 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Too many to list...

BILL is da MAN...great service and one funny SOB!
Ichiban, great service and shipping
Plat,
Japantackle, great to chat with and great service
A bunch of members on here have been great as well. 8-)

SkinyWater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SkinyWater » Sat May 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Got my Presso thanks bill.....Just like to say also that i order a rod from Hagens Rods and i wanted to get it before this weekend but i chose regular usp service by mistake.....I followed up my order with a phone call and mentioned how i hoped it would be here this weekend and was told that it was going out regular mail....well i thought bummer man i guess i'll have to wait.

well to my surprise there was a package waiting for me thrusday (ordered it sat night after 10pm)...they went ahead and put up a couple more dollars to get it out priority and i paid the difference when i picked it up....just thought i would give them a plug for their going above and beyond for their customers.

I'll make a post about the rod later.

Tight lines all....and another thank ya to Brooklyn Bill too.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sat May 05, 2007 2:34 pm

D.R. is one of a kind.. hes very trust worthy and will tell it like it is, straight to the point. Id send every reel I ever buy into him just based on his knowledge and service.. im talking about stuff that I could probably do myself id send to him. He did my Zillion and gave me solid advice on my Steez saving me some money.

Cal was a piece of graphite I think in his past life. He gave me a solid recommendation for a rod that im blown away by everytime I use and his reviews have been dead on almost always. Smart guy..

Yendor is a class act and probably one of the most down to earth guys on here.

Skeet is someone you can buy from with confidence, another nice guy.

GH,Ia,JA,DJ,LR,MH and quite a few others spend lots of money on stuff and making ones selection process a whole lot easyer through their trial and error buying methods.

Theres a lot of members, shops, etc.. but I dont feel like typeing anymore.