For the Dodge Charger fans

superman_36
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

For the Dodge Charger fans

Post by superman_36 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:53 pm

This is my brothers car it is pretty insane for a everyday driver. 635 HP ,
680 Foot Pounds of Torque. As of right now it is the fastest Charger on the street in the 1/4 mile and that is with stock tires and wheels. If it doesn't sell he is going to get the wheels widened and some new tires and set the record lower
scroll down for the pics

link

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: For the Dodge Charger fans

Post by dragon1 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Freakin' INSANE!!!! :evil22: :cool1:

Get in, buckle up, shut up and G@D Dammit, HANG THE FRIG ON!!! :evil22:

Yeah, I gots a bud here that races a near racing spec STi, runs about 450HP and high three hundred for torque...however, a monster V-8 is a totally diff animal than a Turbo 4. Anyway, he had a buddy come over to the BMW store about two months ago, he had an LS2 Camaro SS that supposedly pushes near 700HP and 600+LB/Ft...I don't know for sure if it does, but the car was a thunder-growling dragon beast when he revved it up for us!! 8-)

Schuler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Schuler » Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 am

Here's my Charger. A lot of old Charger owners don't like the new ones, but I can tell you, the new ones will beat me. It just doesn't make cool noises. I got the chance to drive an srt-8 magnum at the SRT track experience and it is fast.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:26 pm

Yeah, really crazy when you think about it...

Most classic V-8 Muscle Cars ran in the low 6 range...

In the 80's, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati ran in the mid-high 5's with their main line models.

Today, some family sedans can run in the low 6's and some turbo 4's can run in the low 5 sec., sports cars run in the low 5's/high 4's and Super Cars are just damned out of sight!! Don't even bring up some of these CRAZY ASS Death Sleds either...some of the new Rice Rockets are just Freakin' Insane!!! :shock:

Technology and engineering advancements have made cars/bikes faster. Also, better combustion efficiency, better tires, better traction, balance, shifters, aerodynamics, syncros, linkages, suspension geometry...etc, etc, have all contributed to this trend.

Seems like they are getting faster all the time...WHICH IS FINE WITH ME...just SCARY when a numbskull gets a hold of one on the streets! :?

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Fri May 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Id take a nice old charger over the new one if I planned to build one up. Just seeing the old charger on the street is something even the suped up JDM car owners fear. I think some of them watched too much Fast and Furious. I got my 99 Eclipse right before that movie came out and it looks the same as the day I got it aside from some tint :lol:

mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by mrgadget » Fri May 04, 2007 9:27 pm

dragon1 wrote:Most classic V-8 Muscle Cars ran in the low 6 range...

In the 80's, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati ran in the mid-high 5's with their main line models.

Today, some family sedans can run in the low 6's and some turbo 4's can run in the low 5 sec., sports cars run in the low 5's/high 4's ...
On what planet? 1/8 mile tracks? Almost 40 years ago, back in '69, I was tickled to cut 10's in a 1/4 with a 327 bored 339 in '64 SS. Grumpy Jenkins was turning 7's and 8's with a small block stuffed into a Vega. Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen and his nemesis "The Snake" (can't remember his real name) were turning in 6's with full blown Funnies. The only ones turning in anything close to 5's were "Cha-Cha" Muldowney and the guys running fuel tails. I must be living under a rock... :roll: Gadget

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Gadget...take a chill pill man...

I'm talking 0-60 MPH...I should have clarified.

Back then it was all 1/4 mile...today most performance standards are for 0-60 or 0-100 MPH.

mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by mrgadget » Sat May 05, 2007 5:16 am

dragon1 wrote:Gadget...take a chill pill man...

I'm talking 0-60 MPH...I should have clarified.

Back then it was all 1/4 mile...today most performance standards are for 0-60 or 0-100 MPH.
No prob... I wasn't hot, just confused? I used to go from 0 to P.O. in 2.3 sec, but now it takes alot longer than that! :peace:

Thanks for clarifying the scale. I was worried I might have gotten lost in a time warp or sumthin... :silly: Gadget

REEL LIFE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REEL LIFE » Sat May 05, 2007 6:44 am

Mr. Gadget "The Snakes" real name is Don Prudohme. He's still around drag racing, he's a very successful team owner. Running 10's in '69 was really haulin'.

Just my two cents but comparing the cars of yesteryear to the cars of today isn't comparing apples to apples. Look at them for what they were, the stepping stones that made the performance of today possible. But I'll still take my old Mopars over the new stuff.

mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by mrgadget » Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 am

REEL LIFE wrote:Running 10's in '69 was really haulin'....
Caught me! :oops: Honestly I was lucky to break into the high 12's... it just seems my times get faster as the years go by... just as fish "grow faster" after they've been caught... :roll: Gadget

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sat May 05, 2007 8:55 am

I could run 13s in my 69 Roadrunner. Pretty much stock except the 383 was a "highway patrol" motor (440 heads, a bit of a cam and slightly better than stock pistons). I was one of the fastest in Palestine, Texas until the Shelby Cobra showed up. :lol:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

REEL LIFE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REEL LIFE » Sat May 05, 2007 2:18 pm

mrgadget wrote:
REEL LIFE wrote:Running 10's in '69 was really haulin'....
Caught me! :oops: Honestly I was lucky to break into the high 12's... it just seems my times get faster as the years go by... just as fish "grow faster" after they've been caught... :roll: Gadget
No problem Gadg. gettin' into the 12's in '69 was respectable also.
I could run 13s in my 69 Roadrunner. Pretty much stock except the 383 was a "highway patrol" motor (440 heads, a bit of a cam and slightly better than stock pistons). I was one of the fastest in Palestine, Texas until the Shelby Cobra showed up.
I always had a soft spot for the Roadrunner, a relatively plain jane family car that rocked.

Hey Superman is your brothers record of the fastest Charger on the street an official record and if so through what sanction? Just curious, I'm into drag racing so I was just wondering. Also is your brother having a problem getting that car to hookup without burning the tires off it?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Running 10's in the 1/4 today is still pretty hot...although more drivers are doing it w/6 cylinders and 4 bangers (with some add'l hopped-up parts and NOS of course).

Today's big blocks, thanx to the past's legacy...can easily burn 10s in the quarter with minimal upgrades.

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Sun May 06, 2007 8:34 am

I couldn't resist :lol:
Attachments
PISDOD.gif
PISDOD.gif (5.17 KiB) Viewed 6485 times

superman_36
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by superman_36 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:37 am

Hey Superman is your brothers record of the fastest Charger on the street an official record and if so through what sanction? Just curious, I'm into drag racing so I was just wondering. Also is your brother having a problem getting that car to hookup without burning the tires off it?

I guess you would say it is an official record he was invited down to a mopar madeness show and he ran 3 times 2 of witch he couldn't get the car to hook up and one which he did and it was a few 10ths low then the old record. With the right driver and wider wheels he should go considerably lower