15%

Total votes: 39

drinva
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Who has/had the best fishing show?

Post by drinva » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:58 pm

Dragon,

I heard from one of the guides that have taken IF fishing that they not only endorse whatever TV product, but they USE IT and NOTHING ELSE as well.

They were doing a smallmouth bass show and jerkbaits were the ticket, the guide (he and I fished together and were were friends for years-he's passed now) told IF that Lucky Craft jerks were the ONLY way to go, so bring a few.

Thier reply was NO WAY. If we cant catch them on Rapala's, we cant do the show! Rapala is our lure sponser and thats all we'll use. True story.

drinva

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Nope, I believe it 100%...Corporate $$$ in today's world will always override Pride, Ethics, Principal and the essence of what it takes to be a true "Man".

SAD isn't it?

My dream Pro Fisherman (although I really don't care about tourneys and Pros and what they endorse, whether they be in the States, Japan, etc or on different tours including diff species tours) is someone who is an independent and financially free from any endorsements. He/She would use custom rods, JDM and Domestics of all brands, a mixture of reels, lures, lines, etc. Just exactly what real everday fisher people do. AND, this Pro Fisherman/fisherwoman would be among the best on the Tour.

HAHAHAHA to the Corporate Beast then!!! Oh, how I would love for this to happen!! A top end Pro Angler without a single patch on their gear/boat/trailer/truck/shirt/pants, aside from the Tour patches.

8-) :idea:

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:12 am

Who's watching "the fishing adventurer"? I think it's only in canada but it's pretty cool! It's not meant to teach anything but it's not boring one bit.

NW Fisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NW Fisher » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Pound for pound, I would have to say that the most information given out about the target fish and how they are fishing and what to look for etc would be Lidner's. I agree with the previous statement regarding the religious plug at the end of the show.

Roland occasionally gives some good advise but they don't really SHOW you what they are doing.

Hank gives some good advise but he likes to talk and is entertaining.

Dance gives some good info but is on a stock pond more than not ( or so it seems)

Zona (WGFS) is mostly entertainment factor. He does not REALLY impart any information. Funny and good to watch but probably not going to learn anything.

The Bass Pros - They can give you some helpful tips and really try to show what they are doing. Granted they do sponsor plugs like the rest.

The Deadliest Catch is awesome. My two young boys love it. Even the G rated version of it. The host has a show called Dirtiest Jobs (I think) that is pretty funny, and gross.

Jimmy Houston's gives some advise at the end of his shows but it is more entertainment factory.

That is all that I can think of right know.

Oh, most annoying show is the Dime Store Fisherman. That guy won't shut up for 5 seconds. If I were on his boat, I might have to jump overboard, even if I was in the middle of a blizzard 30 miles from shore with cement shoes....

- Jake

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 pm

I voted for Shaw Grigsby. He seems like a nice, down to earth kind of guy. I can't stand the rest of them.
My favorite is "Hunt for big fish". That guy is a maniac.

Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sonicx360 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 am

Hands down, Larry Dahlberg's Hunt For Big Fish is the best fishing show besides Bill Dance Outdoors and Lindner's Angling Edge. I also love watching River Monsters but that show is too sensationalistic about giant freshwater fish that Jeremy Wade goes after. Have anyone here ever watch Monster Fish on Outdoor Channel?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am

I like Michael Iaconelli Fishing City Limits because he uses top end gear and fishes real places that are hard to catch and find fish sometimes. But now that he left Daiwa i hope to see some Morrum action in next season, but too bad Abu doesn't make any good rods besides the JDM ones that come standard TiSiC.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Lindner's Angling Edge =D> =D> =D>

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

If we're talking back when this was originally posted in '07, Lindner's Angling Edge. Like Mattman said, incredibly informative. All thow I could really do without the religious lessons forced in at the end of every show.

If we're talking today, Zona is a the most entertaining fishing show on TV.