Re: JUN Supra MKIV

Post by Schuler » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:42 am

...til it meets an american car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8R5BwUVYqc

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 pm

10.53 quarter mile vs 12sec supra video? =)))) There are plenty of Hondas that can run 10's..... 9's are the new benchmark for Hondas now.
In the drag racing circuit, 9's are common for Supras.

Not to put your video down or anything because 10.53 is fast for any car regardless of make.

InlinePro's 9.447 sec Honda Civic

How about a 9.86 sec All-Motor 4CYL Honda?
SKUNK2 World Record 4Cyl
Pb-LMB 6lb7oz

Schuler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Schuler » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:50 pm

9's are common for supras? I've never seen one run that. 9's for hondas? After how much money? I've seen them in the 12's...but I've seen a few of them breaking. I guess the biggest problem is they can't figure out that the engine is sideways. :thinking:

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:24 am

There have been Supra's in the 9's for years now.

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:41 am

Naw. That Supra will never sell. The steering wheel is on the wrong side! :lol:

Here's my 12 second(12.531 to be exact) pickup truck. The only thing I changed on it from its daily drive to work was to put slicks on the rear. Weighed 4,170 lbs with me in it at the track. I modified it and it dynoed out at 400 HP and 502 ft. lbs of torque at the rear wheels. It was very quick and surprised quite a few vehicles at the 1/4 mile.

At rest

I still have it and it's been one of the most pleasing vehicles of all the ones I've owned in my 68 years. Btw, I was 65 when racing it. Got a few .500 reaction times at the time too.

Dan

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Schuler wrote:9's are common for supras? I've never seen one run that. 9's for hondas? After how much money? I've seen them in the 12's...but I've seen a few of them breaking. I guess the biggest problem is they can't figure out that the engine is sideways. :thinking:
Of course you've never seen one run that. You posted a clip of a 12sec Supra.

And I wont even mention real racing like on a track or autocross because that would involve turning (not a real strong point for domestics :big grin: ). With the exception of the Corvette.
Pb-LMB 6lb7oz

Schuler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Schuler » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:48 pm

Nice lightning. I wish they still made those trucks. They'll definitely be highly sought after in 30 years. Here's my car. Image

Its not fast (close to stock...13's)...but it drives great on the street. I made the mistake of not putting a different crank in it. Its 452 c.i......should have been over 500. Also needs a different cam...it doesn't sound mean enough.

As far as domestics not being good on a race track...c'mon...this car handles as good as my 97 Jeep....almost. On the other hand, I did have the chance to drive a SRT-8 Magnum around the cones....pretty impressive to me. I drove a viper and srt-6 crossfire the same day and the magnum still felt pretty good going around the corners.

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:33 pm

And I wont even mention real racing like on a track or autocross because that would involve turning (not a real strong point for domestics big grin ). With the exception of the Corvette.

Cough, cough...err, ummmmm:

My Camaro Z281LE at a Porsche driver's school at Roebling Road's track

And, at Road Atlanta

I know, I know...a Camaro...straight rear axle vs. IRS, etc. but it came from GM with Corvette brakes and oil cooler, aluminum driveshaft, Bilsteins, no AC :shock: , 5 speed, stainless steel headers and exhaust system, etc. I modified it too: 6 point rollcage, window net, balanced-n-blueprinted 305 ci engine bored out to 310 ci, cammed, chipped, hogged out intake, Crane Gold roller rockers, Optima battery in the rear 1/4 panel, lighter racing wheels, BFG R1s, MSD ignition box, etc., etc. I drove it to work daily before I got the L. It surprised several 'sports cars' including a few Corvettes, Porsches, etc.

And......here is a video of a Lightning on an open track event... No, it's not me or mine.

Dan

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:43 pm

Schuler wrote: As far as domestics not being good on a race track...c'mon...this car handles as good as my 97 Jeep....almost. On the other hand, I did have the chance to drive a SRT-8 Magnum around the cones....pretty impressive to me. I drove a viper and srt-6 crossfire the same day and the magnum still felt pretty good going around the corners.
97 Jeep?? That's not saying much. I own a Jeep too.

Look... Import vs. Domestic who cares. As long as the car performs it's all good. No need to hate on my post just because you are so pro-domestic.

Nice Camaro Lightninrod. I always liked that body style. I checked out the track layout. Must have been fun.

Again no beef please.
Pb-LMB 6lb7oz

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Wow!!

That was one BAD@$$ Ford Truck!! The driver wasn't too shabby either!