New Member With Hungry Monkey

SCSS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Member With Hungry Monkey

Post by SCSS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:20 pm

What a great site! I am a Salmon and Steelhead fisherman from Southern Oregon. just before I found this site I was getting ready to check myself into a 12 step program when you all made it apparent that it wasn't me, it was the Monkey, boy was I relieved! life was fine until about 3 years ago. I owned a couple Penn 321's for offshore and a couple Shimano 4000 Sustains for everything else. one of my friends tells me we're gonna take a float trip for Steelhead and I'll need a baitcaster for pulling plugs, never owned a baitcaster before so I says ok and off to the local tackle shop I go, if I would have only known where this would lead. I live in a small town so there's not a lot to select from but I see this little green Shimano 201b for $89.95 marked down from $119.95, the guy tells me that they're moving all the old stock because a new model is on the way, I see the handles on the same side as my spinning reels and already being a Shimano fan I say I'll take it, and one of those Lamiglas rods as well. I take it straight to the river and get the cast control and spool adjusted, dayuum this thing casts good, and accurate too! within a week my spinning outfits are only there as backup. since then the Monkey had me aquire 1 each Curado 201 DHSV, 201DPV. this was for year 2. for year 3 he had me get 1 each Chronarch 51MG, 101B, Calais 201A, Speedmaster 201 (JDM Curado 301) of course the Monkey made sure I had a new piece of Graphite to go with each and every one. he also made me get 5 new Avets for offshore duties as well. now he's saying DC......... JDM........ Custom......... will his appetite ever cease?

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member With Hungry Monkey

Post by mhood » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:46 pm

SCSS wrote:will his appetite ever cease?
You may be a new member but it seems you know the answer to that question...welcome SCSS. :D
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Welcome.

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:43 pm

Welcome...
SCSS wrote:...will his appetite ever cease?

just 2 words: ne ver !!!!!! and if u are in forums like this, the appetite will increase
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you found a home. :D
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler