Video Editing Software

mmasturgeon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Video Editing Software

Post by mmasturgeon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Hello Fellas,
I’m looking for video editing software for a PC. Does anyone have any experience on video editing that would like to share on what software they are currently using?? I can pretty much get any editing software out there, but would like you guys input first.

Thanks,
-Jun

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Video Editing Software

Post by LordRiper » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Adobe After Effects it's really nice and with addition of CoPilot rocks.
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

mmasturgeon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mmasturgeon » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks, I’ll check that out.. Would Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 be as good? I was thinking of CyberLink Power Director 10 or Corel VideoStudio ProX4

sadmaan
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by sadmaan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Usually I use Sony Vegas Pro in my company San Diego video production. Previously I used Adobe Premiere Pro. Both of them work good. You may use this.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:51 pm

After Effects is more for "after effects". You'd still need an NLE for the editing chores and Adobe bridges AE and Premiere into a pretty seamless workflow. CS5.5 is gr8...CS5 was very good too (I'm still using it). I just got my CS6 Master Suite in but haven't installed it yet. I run on an i7 laptop with Windows7 and 16GB ram and things purr along just fine. You didn't say what camera you have or what you're trying to do with your footage...Premiere Elements might be all you need.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker