False advertisements that tick you off...

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

False advertisements that tick you off...

Post by dragon1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:51 pm

I really dislike this type of "glamorizing"...granted it is a step up from Roland on the marketing side.

Can someone explain to me how this is a WR LM? Even on the length? http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/flor ... mouth-bass

IGFA can be clowns. :talk hand:

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: False advertisements that tick you off...

Post by Thor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:22 pm

The vision of the IGFA has changed in recent years. Money now talks and everything else walks.

Any ad or promotion implying "nano" technology immediately puts me on alert. Some day, it may become the truth but, for now, simply marketing hype. It must work, so many are slipping it into their agenda.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

"World" record is funny too. There's a link for the "world" record spotted bass on there. As far as I know spotted bass are only present in a few states in the US, so while it is a world record, the whole world wasn't really competing! :lol:

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 am

So Sebile beat a record the IGFA recently made up for him to beat? I wasn't aware until today that "Largemouth Bass All Tackle Length Record" was even a thing. I see bass at about 24" long caught all the time.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:15 am

indicative of why I gave up a long-standing igfa membership a few years back.

FrankW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FrankW » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 am

I had a 25" LM a few years back. I don't think that Sebile record is going to last long. I might apply for some world records. Maybe the longest bass caught on Sunday. Or, maybe largest bass caught at 3:00pm on Wednesday. Any body can set a world record when it is the first fish caught after someone sets a new standard. Makes me wonder what kind of guy Sebile is to claim such a record.

Frank

Ong Jim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ong Jim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:24 am

I saw this "record" footage during his lure promotion. I really thought the world record was broken. Then it said length. At 24", it really isn't that long. I caught a post spawn lmb that was 7lb 13oz that was almost 24" long. It is really not that impressive but sure a joke.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 am

Florida strains pushing high 20"s and toward 30" have been known of since we started recording fish records here in the States.

With the new standard from IGFA, I suppose everyone will have a right at a record...just include time, day, line, lure, rod, reel, type shoes, pants/short/G-string, socks, sunglasses worn - oh, and don't forget the temp that day, wind speed/direction, humidity factor, water temp, PH level, water depth, size hook on the lure used, which party was in office, what you ate for breakfast, whether your are right-handed/left-handed/ambidextrous, your sexual orientation, etc., etc.,...

GEEEZ! ](*,)

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:20 am

IGFA has a lot of All Tackle Length records for most fish they keep records for. Most people dont know about it. Same with line test records. They have a ton of records for each fish. I agree a 24" LM isn't super impressive, big fish yeah, but not something I would tout as a world record.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:39 am

Not sure if this falls in the same category, but those new curado I ads everywhere are quite annoying. They all say something along the lines of "now available" or "the wait is over" or even "get more!" which is very ironic because we have yet to see a lefty reel in the US! ](*,)

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 am

Funny how they don't even state the weight.
Them ol' swimbait boys in California wouldn't even bother weighing that fish. Looks like 10-12lb max.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:11 pm

In my book, he is a "self-inflator"...too many selfies, or in this case, manufactured "World Records" under his belt! =; [-( :sick:

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, Bill Dance are all prime examples of industry whores.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:45 am

That is a nice bass, but in no way any kind of world record. WTF?

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am

Is this the same sebile as the sebile lures in AU? Those lures seem to run along the same vein. Looks and sounds good but personally I was quite disappointed by their durability