Amuzing day

Rockstar
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Amuzing day

Post by Rockstar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:57 pm

After spending the day in my float tube throwing everything I could and not getting even a second glance, I kicked my way back to the dock. When I arrived I met again a guy I'd talked to out on the lake, he also got skunked. As I was dragging my tube out it sprung a leak, then as I was taking my flippers off, I noticed that the other guy's boat had come untied and was drifting away.
Meanwhile a guy in a truck with a sticker in the window which read Farm Boy Toys backs his houseboat in to launch. A girl who appeared to be about 20, was sitting in the cabin of the boat munching a bag of Cheetos looking like a cow chewing its cud, as another dude was in back trying to get the engine running. He's cranking and cranking with no results, the other guy's boat is floating away, my tube is leaking like a sieve, and the girl in the houseboat sat eating her Cheeto's totally apathetic to the entire situation. I've never witnessed such apathy. When the guy with with the lose boat steps out of the port-a-potty the Farm Boy Toy truck dude launching his houseboat matter of factly informs him of his free floating boat.
Finally the houseboat engine fires up and gets launched. Do you think it even occurred to them to give the guy with the lost boat a hand- HELL NO! They just took off. Now I'm sitting with a leaking float tube but obviously the only one available to rescue the run away boat. So I put my flippers back on and as quickly as possible head to the rescue. Just as I get to his boat and start towing it back to shore the Lake Patrol shows up- a day late and a dollar short.
To top everything off, once I got back to shore and took off my flippers again, I then proceeded to remove my waiders and discovered they had leaked through the left foot. So I ended up totally skunked with a leaking float tube and a leaking set of waiders and two frozen feet one of which was soaked. I'm glad there wasn't a real emergency. Isn't it amazing at how indifferent people can be towards each other.

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Amuzing day

Post by D.R. » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 pm

You should have ask for a cheeto. =)))) =)))) =)))) =))))

Sorry Rockstar I had to do that.

It sounds as if you should have chose a good movie.

D.R.

God Bless

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:58 am

It is not a surprise. They were probably the kind of people that if their boat was floating away, they would expect you to jump out there and get it.

Kind of gives some truth to "no good deed goes unpunished".
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

IRAX
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by IRAX » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:46 am

WELL ROCKSTAR WHAT YOU DID IS WHAT SEPERATES US MEN FROM THE BOYS. GOOD JOB ;)

Wildcard
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Wildcard » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Sounds like you did good man. Some people can be total arses though when it comes to others in need.

Rockstar
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rockstar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm not looking for cudos here. I was just trying to vent my frustration with how blind the "Farm Boy Toy" truck crew were. I did what any decent neighbor would have done.
If you think this situation gets me stirred up, don't even mention all the bums who can't be bothered to pick up a single piece of trash. :evil:

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by ChuckE » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Rockstar,
Your luck on the water has to change after that good deed! :)

Chuck
TackleTour
Contributing Editor, Gear Crew Member and Moderator