**Say it ain't so**

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: **Say it ain't so**

Post by toddmc » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:56 am

The DVL record really bugged me because that is my home lake. The picture of the DVL record looks so much smaller than 16+. I never trusted any of Long's lake records because I knew he fished Mission Viejo frequently. All of the regulars there had plenty of fish in the teens. Those fish could easily be taken anywhere. DVL never checks you on the way in if your boat is tagged and you are not fishing a tournament. It is mind blowing that he had access to so many other lakes also.
I never suspected that he was doing the other nonsense when I fished against him. The snagging nonsense during tournaments really scares me in the spring because of our clear water. I'm positive that many anglers employ this tactic.
It was funny to hear his lack of fishing skills outed. You cant compare Long to Lance Armstrong because Lance actually had the elite skills. I raced mountain bikes in the cross country discipline for a few years and it never bothered me that Lance doped because all of the slimy Euros that I raced against in regional SoCal races were known for doping at even the lowest amateur levels. Lance beat them at their own game, but he took it way too far. Farther than I ever thought possible. I can't believe Long was able to get that far also.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:08 am

That was a crazy read. 8-[

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 am

Fanboi culture runs deep. Grown men putting their hands over their ears "La! La! La! etc.,". And that's coming from supposedly grizzled bass commentators who should know better. They just don't want to admit they were scammed.