Megabass Destroyer x7 Extreme spin shaft?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
xyzman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass Destroyer x7 Extreme spin shaft?

Post by xyzman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:54 am

Does anybody have any info on this rod? F3.1/2-610X7S

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer x7 Extreme spin shaft?

Post by Farnorth » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:27 am

A few discussions here already. I don't think anyone has one in hand yet. Put the following link in google translate and there is a bunch of info.

http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/f3-12-610x7s/

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 pm

The Simoom =D> We have a few on order for customers, I have one coming for myself, and hope to have them in a few weeks. The Tackle Trap is accepting pre-orders for all the new X7 spinning rods now.

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... 2_956_1198

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:07 am

bronzefly wrote:The Simoom =D> We have a few on order for customers, I have one coming for myself, and hope to have them in a few weeks. The Tackle Trap is accepting pre-orders for all the new X7 spinning rods now.

:big grin: cant wait for mine to come!

xyzman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by xyzman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:33 am

Derek777 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:The Simoom =D> We have a few on order for customers, I have one coming for myself, and hope to have them in a few weeks. The Tackle Trap is accepting pre-orders for all the new X7 spinning rods now.

My main concern is the design in front of the reel seat. Seems like it might get in the way when holding the rod. Please let me know if that gets in the way while fishing etc.

Got_Chrome
Angler
Angler

Post by Got_Chrome » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 am

Anyone got one of these in the forum yet ??? I would like to hear some feedback :D

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 am

Got_Chrome wrote:Anyone got one of these in the forum yet ??? I would like to hear some feedback :D
The first group are shipping Monday to customers of The Tackle Trap. I'll have some time on the water with the Simoom over the next few weeks.

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Farnorth » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 am

Someone must have tried theirs by now... What do you think?

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:30 pm

just received mine and it is beyond words how awesome this rod looks and feels. stunning is kind of close. everything on it is perfect fit and finish wise and the unsanded blank is really something to behold. i paired it with its mate the opus -1 and it balances right in front of the reel seat. so very neutral. im looking forward to getting this out on the water!

Thanks go to Gary and the Tackle Trap for helping me acquire this amazing piece of art!
xyzman wrote:
Derek777 wrote:

My main concern is the design in front of the reel seat. Seems like it might get in the way when holding the rod. Please let me know if that gets in the way while fishing etc.
the little piece on the front of the reel seat is actually a neatly designed piece that holds the thumb and finger in an optimal position for manipulating the rod and for detecting bites. it is perfect for how i place my hand on the grip area, which is with two fingers in front and two behind the reel stem with the thumb riding along the top and side.
i'll post a couple of pics tomorrow.

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Farnorth » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Sounds great, thanks Derek! Pretty sure mine is sitting in the back somewhere at The Tackle Trap waiting for the rest of my order to arrive. Can't wait to see your pics.

xyzman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by xyzman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

Got mine thursday. The rod is amazing! I took it out friday to v jig some walleyes n landed some nice ones n had the rod loaded good too! The rod has the power n sensitivity I've always wanted in wat I call ultimate spinning rod. I was concerned of the front winding check but am please to say it is not an issue. I hold my setup with 3 fingers in front n sometimes 2 n had no issues. I luv this rod! Thank You Gary n TackleTrap!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 am

Farnorth wrote:Sounds great, thanks Derek! Pretty sure mine is sitting in the back somewhere at The Tackle Trap waiting for the rest of my order to arrive. Can't wait to see your pics.
Farnorth - yours is here at The Tackle Trap waiting! Thanks Derek and XYZ for the business, I'm glad you guys are enjoying this magnificent work of art. The Simoom is amazing! I've been fishing mine quite a bit on Guntersville throwing senkos and light jig/texas rigs. I've managed to give it a pretty good work out and am very, very impressed. I should post some photos of how it looks with the new Stella C3000XGFI, wow :big grin:

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SWH » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Got mine today.. it's better than anticipated. Nice crisp with a light fast tip and it looks really good. It feels good with the new 2500 JDM Stella - just the right size bodied reel for it.

xyzman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by xyzman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:50 am

SWH wrote:Got mine today.. it's better than anticipated. Nice crisp with a light fast tip and it looks really good. It feels good with the new 2500 JDM Stella - just the right size bodied reel for it.
I agree in crisp and light fast tip!