How are the latest Steez baitcasters?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

How are the latest Steez baitcasters?

Post by stingray23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am

I'd like some feedback on the latest batch of Steez baitcasters. pluses, minuses. Thanks.

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: How are the latest Steez baitcasters?

Post by stingray23 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:54 am

Anyone willing to help?

bemo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bemo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 am

The most recent steez is awesome. Even better with a T3 RCS1016 spool.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 pm

It's a Steez.....enough said :big grin:
Last edited by 389Maverick on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bemo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bemo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:48 pm

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 am

Yea, I saw that. Thanks. I was looking more for individual experiences. Are they worth their asking price compared to the competition?

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:25 am

stingray23 wrote:

Yea, I saw that. Thanks. I was looking more for individual experiences. Are they worth their asking price compared to the competition?
If you have to ask then you don't really want the reel. They are th flagship for Daiwa and they fish accordingly. If I was not such a brackish fisherman I would have a fleet of them.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:43 am

I have not bought one...I do own quite a few of the previous 100 SHAs and they are my favorite bottom bait reel. If you look at the specs of the "old vs. "new," most of the changes appear to be cosmetic and not a lot was done to the reel...not a lot needed to be done, quite frankly..."Worth it" is tough...I have personally been very happy buying the 100SHAs opportunistically, as they pop up, in new/mint condition, for low to mid-$300s....because am so happy with the previous generation, I would not drop anything close to retail on the EX...That being said, if you did, I'm positive you will be happy with the reel..."Worth it" is your call..

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Redfish wrote:
stingray23 wrote:

If you have to ask then you don't really want the reel. They are th flagship for Daiwa and they fish accordingly. If I was not such a brackish fisherman I would have a fleet of them.

Huh? Just because I ask, it doesnt mean I'm not interested. Its the opposite. If I were not interested in something I wouldnt bother mentioning it. I never go into anything blindly, especially If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a reel. I just like to get info from real owners so I know what to expect.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:24 pm

stingray23 wrote:
Redfish wrote:
stingray23 wrote:

Huh? Just because I ask, it doesnt mean I'm not interested. Its the opposite. If I were not interested in something I wouldnt bother mentioning it. I never go into anything blindly, especially If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a reel. I just like to get info from real owners so I know what to expect.[/quote
I love the 1st gen 103's for pitching. The latest version is not that much different so like others, I snag up the 1st gen models when I see them cheap. A great addition is the SV spools if your doing more casting than pitching. If I were going to buy a new Steez, I would go JDM and get one with the SV spool. The exchange rate makes it a no brainier right now.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 am

I have one of the EX versions, You get what you pay for thats for sure. Its a superb reel!

bemo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bemo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:49 am

I have several high end reels and the Steez is definitely at the top of my list. If you are going to spend this kind of money on a fishing reel the Steez is a great choice. It certainly has proven itself over a long period do time and continues to hold its value against the competition. Mine is paired with a x7 Diablo Fastmove and it shines on this rod.

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks guys. I'm gonna strongly consider the Steez when the time comes.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:44 pm

njbasscat wrote:
stingray23 wrote:
Redfish wrote:
stingray23 wrote:

Huh? Just because I ask, it doesnt mean I'm not interested. Its the opposite. If I were not interested in something I wouldnt bother mentioning it. I never go into anything blindly, especially If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a reel. I just like to get info from real owners so I know what to expect.[/quote
I love the 1st gen 103's for pitching. The latest version is not that much different so like others, I snag up the 1st gen models when I see them cheap. A great addition is the SV spools if your doing more casting than pitching. If I were going to buy a new Steez, I would go JDM and get one with the SV spool. The exchange rate makes it a no brainier right now.
What he said: And keep checking....They were about $30 less a month ago.
http://japaneselure.gostorego.com/reel/ ... v6-3r.html

kjyan
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by kjyan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Between Steez SV and Steez SV LTD Toshi Namiki.. Which is worth more? LTD TN with carbon handle but with 105 deeper which i prefer 103 spool on Steez SV.. Price is not much different..

Thanks