THAT D@MN MONKEY. . . .

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: THAT D@MN MONKEY. . . .

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 am

Yea the monkey got me last week for 3 new Tatulas!!! :big grin:

Jeff

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:49 am

jwfflipper14 wrote:Yea the monkey got me last week for 3 new Tatulas!!! :big grin:

Jeff
I wish that is what the monkey got me for. So far I got the Steez EX100XS, T3 Air, SS SV and last but not least a Lin 10C L all within the last 2 months. Now I just discovered the Gant Craft Dead Sword. Thank God that this rod is very hard to find! But I'm looking. ](*,)

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:47 am

brian1967 wrote:. . . . .IS ON MY BACK AGAIN! ! ! ~X( I should've never started blogging or reading these blogs. I'm feverishly hunting for a new Lin 10C L. I found one for 540. We'll see if it plays out. D@mn monkey! This will be my fourth reel this season. D@mn monkey!
:evil22:
I received my MB Lin 10C L this week from MB Outlet. They had it listed at 64,800 yen but when I sent an inquiry to purchase it they dropped the price to 60,000 yen and it was shipped to me with the box (in mint condition) and all paperwork. What a score. :big grin:
But that monkey is on my back again cause I've decided that the rod I wanted to put it on is not up to the baits I want to use it for. First I discovered the Gan Craft Dead Sword but after reading a review on one of their other rods it appears that they may have some quality control issues. So searched more and now I want the SRD! D@MN MONKEY! ! ! :crying:
Last edited by brian1967 on Wed May 27, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:45 am

I've been taking some heat from the monkey as of late... :lol:

Phase 3 Eiger Northwall, X7 Diablo Fast Move, BJ Super Red Demon, Aldebaran, Mentanium and apparently, I am looking at a Lin Black Jungle and a Diawa Z2020 for the SRD now. :shock: :lol:

Normally, that would be a years' worth of rod/reel purchases, but that is the last month. :evil22:

Just found out that the Black Jungle has some updated rods coming out in July.

Time to blow out of some old tackle I don't use anymore... :mrgreen:

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 am

I feel your pain. I thought I had code: "Monkey Down!" established, but chaos erupted and now I am waiting on my 2nd new CQ. I won't mention the rods... :oops:

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Smalleyez wrote:I feel your pain. I thought I had code: "Monkey Down!" established, but chaos erupted and now I am waiting on my 2nd new CQ. I won't mention the rods... :oops:
This guy wholeheartedly approves:
photo-5319.gif
photo-5319.gif (5.92 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
:lol:

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 am

jmb27 wrote:I've been taking some heat from the monkey as of late... :lol:

Phase 3 Eiger Northwall, X7 Diablo Fast Move, BJ Super Red Demon, Aldebaran, Mentanium and apparently, I am looking at a Lin Black Jungle and a Diawa Z2020 for the SRD now. :shock: :lol:

Normally, that would be a years' worth of rod/reel purchases, but that is the last month. :evil22:

I think I just got the last SRD left in the world. :big grin:

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 am

brian1967 wrote:

If so that's ok. They're coming out with a new and improved one shortly. Enjoy it. Sometimes the originals are the best.

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Aaronb wrote:
brian1967 wrote:

If so that's ok. They're coming out with a new and improved one shortly. Enjoy it. Sometimes the originals are the best.
I know but I didn't want to wait till later in the year to get it and my new Lin 10C is crying :crying: for it's mate. :big grin: It costed me my new Steez reel and one of my St Croix rods. :crying:

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 am

This is what the monkey got me for this year including the SRD the Lin is mounted to. :big grin:

Now I'm ready to go fishing!

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 am

There is no cure. I've left and come back several times in the course of 15 years. Thankfully I've had the hindsight to hang onto my gear, and add more as the time goes on.

brian1967
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brian1967 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am

Redlinerobert wrote:There is no cure. I've left and come back several times in the course of 15 years. Thankfully I've had the hindsight to hang onto my gear, and add more as the time goes on.
I wasn't so lucky. Gave up fishing for 13 years and picked it up back on 2011. I kept very little of my equipment and even lost a bunch of reels from moving. Pretty much had to start over. Boy have things have changed over the years. At the time I quit BPS was the place to go but not anymore. :shock:

JDM here I come but I'm done for this year. Got to recoup from all the money I spent this year. :crying: