New Megabass Destroyers

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1573
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by Gone Phishin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 am

Houndfish wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:47 am
The Siglett model is intriguing.
Man it so does.

I admit to a bit of fear about high-end rods that are that light, it just takes a moment of carelessness with those tips.

I am also digging the Killer Code, but I have a weakness for shorter, powerful rods with a slower taper. The only I am most likely to get is the new Hien. I am curious as hell about the duel taper.
Man, right on.

I'm a non-boater, so I need to lug my rods up from my basement every time I go to wet a line. Light tips can mean broken tip city.

Right on again. I love shorter, heavier-powered rods for tip down stuff...walking large topwaters and large DD jerkbaits.

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by jmb27 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 am
If accurate, the price point is better than I expected. Not cheap by any means but I was thinking they’d be over 500

Yep, much better than I thought.

Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:46 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 am
If accurate, the price point is better than I expected. Not cheap by any means but I was thinking they’d be over 500

Yep, much better than I thought.

Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:
The dark sleeper is the one I’m planning to get, just hoping I can have it in hand for my early June trip to sturgeon bay (fingers crossed but not counting on it lol). I think it will be a very versatile rod, perhaps like a slightly lighter DSR

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by jmb27 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:46 pm
jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 am
If accurate, the price point is better than I expected. Not cheap by any means but I was thinking they’d be over 500

Yep, much better than I thought.

Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:
The dark sleeper is the one I’m planning to get, just hoping I can have it in hand for my early June trip to sturgeon bay (fingers crossed but not counting on it lol). I think it will be a very versatile rod, perhaps like a slightly lighter DSR
Yes, a fast taper in that lure range would allow for a lot of different techniques. :-k DSR?

I wonder if the pop-x is a glass composite? I would think so with the slow action taper.

Several models have piqued my interest. Will have to narrow it down to a few...

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:27 am

jmb27 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:46 pm
jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 am
If accurate, the price point is better than I expected. Not cheap by any means but I was thinking they’d be over 500

Yep, much better than I thought.

Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:
The dark sleeper is the one I’m planning to get, just hoping I can have it in hand for my early June trip to sturgeon bay (fingers crossed but not counting on it lol). I think it will be a very versatile rod, perhaps like a slightly lighter DSR
Yes, a fast taper in that lure range would allow for a lot of different techniques. :-k DSR?

I wonder if the pop-x is a glass composite? I would think so with the slow action taper.

Several models have piqued my interest. Will have to narrow it down to a few...
Diablo spec R

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:35 am

jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm
Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:
I will, just waiting on Megabass to give me a little bit better idea of when to actually expect them. I'd prefer not to keep guys waiting until the Fall with pre-orders now, but hopefully, it will be sooner. We'll get the pre-orders up as soon as it makes sense.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by jmb27 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:35 am
jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm
Really digging the dark sleeper (a fast taper!) along with a few other models. June 2020 isn't too long to wait.

Need @bronzefly to get the pre-order links up... :lol:
I will, just waiting on Megabass to give me a little bit better idea of when to actually expect them. I'd prefer not to keep guys waiting until the Fall with pre-orders now, but hopefully, it will be sooner. We'll get the pre-orders up as soon as it makes sense.
Makes sense. Are these going to be a similar global production pre-order deal? Or, are they expected to be in "regular" production?

Also, any additional information that you can share regarding the specs/uses would be appreciated.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:52 am

jmb27 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am
Makes sense. Are these going to be a similar global production pre-order deal? Or, are they expected to be in "regular" production?

Also, any additional information that you can share regarding the specs/uses would be appreciated.
It's a JDM line made for the Japan market, but availability on the front end should be better than on the previous Destroyer models. They will be regular production for the Japan market, so they will be available throughout their production run.

I have a copy of the catalog, but of course descriptions are in Japanese. We'll work on getting specs, etc. up on the site soon. Any specific questions, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll do my best to help out.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am
Location: The Dusty Basin

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by Cristo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 am

Gary as per the usual lights out with the intel for us! Big ups and hope you and the family are still managing well =D>
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 pm

I noticed the page on The Hookup Tackle now lists the rods as arriving in August instead of June, not surprising though all things considered :(

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 pm
I noticed the page on The Hookup Tackle now lists the rods as arriving in August instead of June, not surprising though all things considered :(
That is exactly why I didn’t want to put them up for pre order yet...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Datbasstho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by Datbasstho » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 pm
I noticed the page on The Hookup Tackle now lists the rods as arriving in August instead of June, not surprising though all things considered :(
That is exactly why I didn’t want to put them up for pre order yet...
Hey Gary,

I know it’s hard to determine but based on the rods descriptions which ones would you say would be build for medium to heavy jigs and bottom contact?

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 am

All the links are up on The Tackle Trap website now with detailed photos, specs, and descriptions. Pre-orders are officially open with early orders arriving in mid-June \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by evilcatfish » Sun May 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Anybody else get their order in?

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by jmb27 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:17 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:59 pm
Anybody else get their order in?
Me! \:D/

Dark Sleeper and a Super Destroyer--I think that the length will be great for fishing out of the kayak as some of the longer jig/worm/frog rods with backbone are usually much longer.

Looking at a few other models as well... :lol: :D

Post Reply