Olympic Vigore

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Olympic Vigore

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:03 pm

reason162 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 am
Managed to snag one of the first batch of 610MLs, got it today.

First impression - this is not a DS rod. Compared to my Expride 610ML, it seems to be about a power heavier through the tip and mid section. Probably perfect for 4" flukes, finesse swimbaits and jigs...maybe a finesse hard jerkbait rod too. FWIW the 6'7ML Adrena lies somewhere between the Expride and Vigore in power.

Incredibly light and balanced as you would expect - fit/finish is perfect 10/10.
What total weight would you say it tops out at? If possible, would you be willing to post some pics?

StymoDe
Angler
Angler

Re: Olympic Vigore

Post by StymoDe » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 am

reason162 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 am
Managed to snag one of the first batch of 610MLs, got it today.

First impression - this is not a DS rod. Compared to my Expride 610ML, it seems to be about a power heavier through the tip and mid section. Probably perfect for 4" flukes, finesse swimbaits and jigs...maybe a finesse hard jerkbait rod too. FWIW the 6'7ML Adrena lies somewhere between the Expride and Vigore in power.

Incredibly light and balanced as you would expect - fit/finish is perfect 10/10.
Congrats!
one of the Vigore videos from Olympic did mention the power of 610ML is more in line with M, so it looks right I guess...
when you say it is not a DS rod, do you mean the tip is not soft enough? I also have a Expride 610ML and I wouldn't mind Vigore has a little stiffer tip as I won't use it for vertical drop shot.