DESiGNO Wraith effin

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

DESiGNO Wraith effin

Post by Fran87 »

Hello fellas,

DESiGNO rods are meant to be a very unique and artesanal brand rods. However it is very difficult to find info regarding to these rods.

Could anyone tell us something about this rods? Blank materials, etc...

Do they have web site? I'm not able to find it if it really exists...

The price it is really high, The ones who got buy some rod, it is worth it?

Thanks in advance
PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: DESiGNO Wraith effin

Post by PKN8 »

They're FANTASTIC rods. Never fished any spinning models but have fished many of the casting (mainly Leben Racing/Leben Torque Tune and Wraith).

Not sure of the blank material itself but I believe they make their own blanks. They range from low end (DG4) to the highest end limited series (DG7). The Wraith line uses the the DG6+ blank. Reel seats are custom as well.
Always learning...
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow »

I have a couple Leben Torgue Tune with the DG6 blanks and a Slang swimbait rod. Excellent rods, in my opinion a level above Megabass Destroyers, more in line with Evergreen Kalaido or Steez Racing Design. Nothing too extravagant, simply classic basic builds that go well with any reel. Also extremely ergonomic and comfortable in hand the way the reel seats and foregrips come together. Very balanced to give the floating on air feeling, great tapers and sensitivity.
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 »

Out of all the Bass rods I own or owned, my Designo Leben Racing DLR-C611ML/MHRST2S Tuned by KAMIYA 90 Spiral (that's a mouthful) is my favorite. Couldn't get my hands on one at the pre-order (sold out) and had to wait 1.5 years until the perfect one came up on YJP.
Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fran87 »

Thank you very much for your feedback Sirs.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 »

I purchased a Torque Tune from PKN8. It's the 6'10 medium heavy 4s solid tip. It quickly became my favorite bottom contact stick. Love the taper, easy detection and feedback. Reel seat is very comfortable, just a pleasure to fish. I would recommend picking one up in a second. Just know what you're buying, as the model numbers are a bit confusing.
PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 »

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am
Designo Leben Racing DLR-C611ML/MHRST2S Tuned by KAMIYA 90 Spiral (that's a mouthful)
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 am
Just know what you're buying, as the model numbers are a bit confusing.
Definitely the worst part of Designo. lol Why couldn't they just be like Megabass and name the rods something cool?
Always learning...