Alphas Ito / Steez.

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alphas Ito / Steez.

Post by BassFreak » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Hey guys, I was pondering getting another Ai, But with the going prices nowadays of about $300.00 Is it worth it to just shell out 100 more for the steez? I'll prolly use this reel for plastics and jigs 1/4th to 3/8.

Thanks for the input..

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas Ito / Steez.

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Thats pretty tough. I love My ito ai with SICs in it. that reel is sweet for most anything. My steez seems to be more touchy when casting and I have yet to throw down to a 1/4 with it, but it has been doing well with throwing smaller jigs/w trailer on them. The steez is nice with the clicking drag and spool knob and is super light. 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:53 pm

I have wondered that as well. I currently own both but have yet to use the Steez. I would say go with the steez because its going to cost the same after the Ito is upgraded with all the bearings. I am planning to get another Steez as well just for that reason. I do however really enjoy my ito. Just my 2 cents. Im interested to know what other more experienced guys say. G

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:33 pm

BassFreak .... Go Steez... the Alphas Ito is a crap shoot in my opinion. Sometimes you get a good one, and then some were just mediocre . The alphas ito is also a poor casting reel compared to other high end reels I have used. Not a bad pitchin reel. However, I could never get the long distance casting I needed in the clear water I fish. The Steez is a casting machine. I have used it down to 1/4 just fine. I do agree the Alphas Ito is a easier reel to fish with, but that comes with limitations.

Lucky.. since you have a Steez 103H you might want to hold out for the Steez 100H for a slightly different tool for the chest.

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:26 pm

Haha GH, I have an Ai and I do love that reel. never gave me any probs, the ones i'm seeing around though have gotten a bit expensive, and the price between the Ai and Steez are not that far off. Just wanted to see if the Steez is $1000 better reel?

Thanks for your input tho'..

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:58 am

Maybe my brother can chime in and tell you which one he likes better.. I personally don't like the looks of the alphas, and it seems you are getting a lighter reel with the latest upgrades from Daiwa. To me the exta $100 is well worth it.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:38 am

Although im a diehard Megabass/ITO fanatic id go with the Steez. I dont think theres a better reel on the current market. Id take the ITO Alpha over a regular Alpha though. I heard the Alpha ITO can outcast the TD-Z if any of you are distance freaks. Deffinatly the Steez.. if I had the money id probably put a Steez on every setup I own/will own except for the Elseil. I think ill keep the Zillion on it for my high-speed needs with this stick. If ITO can release a Steez or Daiwa makes a high-speed version man would I be in heaven....

go with the breeze and buy a Steez.. :silly:

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:51 am

Steez 8-)

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by ChuckE » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:14 pm

I've got 3 alpha itos and 4 steez. Go with the Steez for the lures you specified.

Chuck

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for the input guys..