NEW Daiwa Alphas

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
The Natural
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: NEW Daiwa Alphas

Post by The Natural » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 am

MaineFshr wrote:The Alphas F is still fiarly new, and I would be surprised if they replaced the F with this new 150H.. I feel it is just a new size for the Alphas and maybe like what others have mentioned as a JDM TD-A. I dont mind this new real at all and wouldnt mind owning one. But i do hope they keep the smaller Alphas as well.

Is this new Alpha the 105H or the 150H. I saw 150H on Plat's web site and 105H on Japantackle. I would guess 105H just becasue the old alphas were 103?

Case

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner (gameover as well). This isn't "the new alphas", it is just another alphas...a larger one, hence the '150' versus the type f and regular alphas which are 105's. The new 150 is larger, heavier, and less expensive than the other two alphas in the lineup. Per Bass.jp...

Alphas 150 $205.50
Alphas type F $215.00
Alphas 105 $218.00

Clearly the regular alphas with it's beautiful purple pearl finish and CRBB's is the way to go...unless you need a crapload of line capacity (I've never needed more capacity than my 105's could hold)

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am

I will say this though, to add to my last post.. when I see that spool I think Shimano for some reason.

The Natural
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by The Natural » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:17 am

It does look like the Curado magnumlite spool. Daiwa couldn't keep the V spool and significantly increase the line capacity, so in comes the U spool. I guess the Fuego has a similar spool.

Fishingboy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fishingboy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Clearly the regular alphas with it's beautiful purple pearl finish and CRBB's is the way to go...
Just curious, is the purple Alphas 103 still in production? :-k I have one and am happy with it. there's always room for another ;)

The Natural
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by The Natural » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Fishingboy wrote:
Clearly the regular alphas with it's beautiful purple pearl finish and CRBB's is the way to go...
Just curious, is the purple Alphas 103 still in production? :-k I have one and am happy with it. there's always room for another ;)

Yes... http://www.bass.jp The exchange rate comes out to be around $218, which I think is a whole lot of reel for that price. I love mine...I have them paired with mbr843 glx's.