megabass

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
basslover1090
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

megabass

Post by basslover1090 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:35 am

how many of you would buy megabass products if they were like 7 bucks a peice

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: megabass

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:15 am

Id buy 100s of them if they were.. ;) I love the 110s, popX Pop MAX, some of their shallow griffons, DeepXs..
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

da house of hardy #1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by da house of hardy #1 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 am

I think,that the aim of this question was a little bit different , Skeeter ;) That's an interesting question - i'm waiting for others to answer :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/zvejyslt

Fishingboy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fishingboy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:39 pm

it wouldn't be "megabass" if their products were priced at 7bucks a piece

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:17 pm

I've bought megabass lures that were around $7 (about 800 yen) ;)

dampeoples
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dampeoples » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:20 pm

da house of hardy #1 wrote:I think,that the aim of this question was a little bit different , Skeeter ;) That's an interesting question - i'm waiting for others to answer :)
I agree :)

We'll see, though. I read somewhere that MB products will be in Bass Pro Shops.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:30 pm

You MB hardcores need to buy up there rods now if you ever planned to, now is the time. They are changing a lot and you will be left with not only a potentially rewarding investment but an excellent stick. No more SBs on their base destroyers I heard amongst other things.

As to the question- Will I buy 7 dollar Megabass lures? If they perform I will. I buy Daiwa Peanut crankbaits at 4.99 by the dozen because they perform so well. The same goes for any other lure that does. I really really do not want to see Megabass make it into Bass Pro Shops. I mean yeah it will be convienent but I like knowing the only people I have to compete with belong on this board. :lol:

The one thing that will never change though from what im told (which is good) is that MB rods will still be a pretty private direct dealing. Masaki and I discussed this situation awhile back in depth and Megabass deserves the limelight they're getting, they really do. I mean no one has worked harder to bring an exclusive JDM full lineup here like they have to America. They will always have a part that will make the customer feel better with the private person to person dealings with the rods. I really like that.

People need to remember.. Megabass has a very important section of its company that will always appeal to us enthusiasts and that part is called Ito Engineering.

fishinfreak21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishinfreak21 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 pm

From what I understand talking to one of their managers, the mb baits are only internet only items. Somehow, some of them made it to stores but he said they are going to be internet only from what he said.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:44 pm

MB is already and has been at BPS for a few months now and they are not cheap there. You can find them cheaper online or other retailers, but they carry a variety of colors and baits. And no MB wouldnt be MB for 7 bucks, more like Rapala. ;) You ask a stupid ?, you get a stupid answer... ;) 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

unaffiliated
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by unaffiliated » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:34 pm

I would buy megabass/ito engineering at any price from $7 up to 25% more than MSRP if i have to. I do this happily as I have yet to find find the level of quality, appearance, engineering (though all baits are engineered to some degree), innovation and consistency of quality that i have found with megabass. I am not in any way opposed to the 'classic' old school baits 'cause that's what i grew up and learned with. I consider megabass to be an evolution from those baits and feel they can't be truly appreciated without a certain familiarity with those 'classics'. Megabass factory retail prices are quite reasonable if you consider the quality of materials used, the prices are pushed upwards by the rarity of particular colors in specific models. Surely some colors are discontinued to keep the company's enthusiast appeal and it's an enthusiast niche that I find far too inviting.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:50 pm

unaffiliated wrote:I would buy megabass/ito engineering at any price from $7 up to 25% more than MSRP if i have to. I do this happily as I have yet to find find the level of quality, appearance, engineering (though all baits are engineered to some degree), innovation and consistency of quality that i have found with megabass. I am not in any way opposed to the 'classic' old school baits 'cause that's what i grew up and learned with. I consider megabass to be an evolution from those baits and feel they can't be truly appreciated without a certain familiarity with those 'classics'. Megabass factory retail prices are quite reasonable if you consider the quality of materials used, the prices are pushed upwards by the rarity of particular colors in specific models. Surely some colors are discontinued to keep the company's enthusiast appeal and it's an enthusiast niche that I find far too inviting.

I love Megabass to death, I do, but I have to disagree about the quality thing and them being the only company to consistantly produde baits in that fashion. Quite a few companys are pumping out baits that are just as sophisticated, built with quality, and have the engineering along with brains to blow anglers away. Companys like Deps, GanCraft, Imakatsu, etc. Now if you look at my arsenal 5 years from now youll see mostly MB rods and gear when in comparison to the rest of my stuff but thats just my tastes as well as yours and doesnt mean that their the only company to engineer such baits to a level we consider exceptional. There's still the few on here who will not get torn away from Lucky Craft (A company im really not all that impressed with tbh) and could pose the same arguement by using facts like the finish on their American Shad patterns, new live skin technology, etc, etc...

My main intention of this post is to be the voice read in this post, hopefully by the newer members, who are going to face this same enthusiast fate we all have fallen victim to. This way they can not only buy what I consider now the gate-way-drug to JDM tackle in Megabass but see everything thats available. Megabass was my first real JDM addiction, a company im still addicted to, and will be for a long time. Just keep an open mind and dont get lost in the excitment.