Megabass Brigandage

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Brigandage

Post by reelblues » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:19 pm

POODLE GRIPS :lol:

I had not thought about it, but I think you are right. My Powells would balance better with a little weight at the back, i.e., a full grip maybe. But the poodles look so cool. And, like the Brigandage, it can be done.

The TT reviews that talked about balance and measured it is really what turned on the light in the dark halls of my head. :idea:
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 am

I loved using my Brigandage. Probably one of the better looking Megabass rods IMO. The only reason I got rid of it is because I got a Diablo. I was using the brig for spinnerbaits and jigs and it did a great job.

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:49 pm

spiroh wrote:I loved using my Brigandage. Probably one of the better looking Megabass rods IMO. The only reason I got rid of it is because I got a Diablo. I was using the brig for spinnerbaits and jigs and it did a great job.
I have only got to got pitch into a pond behind my house, but I think I will like it a lot. I could pitch a 1/4 oz rattle trap very easy. (rattle trap because of Mhood - see above) Should be awesome for 1/2 oz jig.
The only thing, it is so stiff, seems like a extra heavy, extra fast rod. I haven't caught a fish yet, but it just feels like I would yank a 2lb bass right over the boat. Did you bass fish with yours, and if so, any comment? Is the diablo as stiff as the Brigandage? There is hydrilla starting to grow in my part of the TN river, seems like a good rod to throw a 1 oz jig in grass.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

MontaKen
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MontaKen » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:35 am

I think it's a bit faster (sure) and little powerful than diablo. Diablo is a versatile rod..Brigandage is mainly for jig and plastics, pretty heavy rigs... For 3/8-5/8 jig is perfect..for a 1oz one it's too soft, i'd look at rekkai/j ax or super destuction...the action is fast, not extra fast