which pixy do you like best?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: which pixy do you like best?

Post by reelblues » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm

I still say Daiwa intended for you to have them all. They are like Doritos, you can't just have one. Except for silver. It must be like generic chips, just not the same?
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:00 pm

da house of hardy #1 wrote:
Scot wrote:It aint no Calcutta though :P
I sense that the epic story called "Funny Animations 3" is rising :lol:
:lol: An epic battle it most certainly was :lol: I will not embark upon a preemptive strike...I will only meet an attack with retaliation :^o

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Scot wrote:
da house of hardy #1 wrote:
Scot wrote:It aint no Calcutta though :P
I sense that the epic story called "Funny Animations 3" is rising :lol:
:lol: An epic battle it most certainly was :lol: I will not embark upon a preemptive strike...I will only meet an attack with retaliation :^o
Is there anything I can say to start a war? I love watching Smileys kill each other. 8-)
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Scot wrote:
da house of hardy #1 wrote:Dang! these reels are p-o-p-u-l-a-r :shock:
Life is too short to not own at least one Pixy...they really are cool little reels...and fun too! It aint no Calcutta though :P
I was out fishing last Monday afternoon. I was using my Pixuki on a Veloce 6'8" M rod with a 1/8 oz. weight and a Wave 4" black tube texposed. There's about a 300 yard stretch of cane with an overhanging bank and the Bass lie under the overhang.

I was pitching and using the Autoclutch feature on the Pixy (is that neat or what). Caught a 4.3 lb LM (Rapala digital scale and time to get a digital camera). It was then that I realized my Pixuki is as special to me as as my Calcutta/Conquest 51, and my 51 is special.

Lubina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lubina » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 pm

For me DR upgraded yellow....my Pixarro

Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Itchy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:33 am

Scot wrote:
tonym wrote:
Scot wrote:
Itchy wrote: Magnesium can not be anodized.

The yellow's paint scratches very easy for some reason. I believe there is a problem with the paint it seems soft. Even the area where my thumb goes has worn pretty badly.[/quote

Ummmm...yes it can and it is on the red Pixy. The yellow "for some reason" scratches easily because it is paint. The "painted finish" on the red is so tough because it is anodized. My Yellow Pixy looks as good today as the day I bought it...I don't baby it but I'm also not fanatical about taking proper care....I just take care of my stuff and try not to scratch it up and give it an occasional wipe down. The paint seems to be holding up fine for me.
So I take it that the palming side is Mg and not plastic? What about the other pixys?
I think I may need to eat a little crow and pull back from my statement a little. After posting, I went and had a close look and heck...maybe it is painted. The palm side is in fact plastic...it sure looks anodized and I just kind of assumed so based upon a not so close look. I guess it could in fact be painted with a transparent flat paint....I dunno' :confused:

On my Yellow Pixy it appears it has a shot of clear coat over the finish...Itchy...maybe yours didn't get the clear coat...can you tell if it did?
That may be the problem it does not look like it has clear over it. I guess this why my paint is a little soft on my pixy. I actually have wear on the paint from my thumb sitting on the same spot all the time.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:27 pm

I like the little orange one I bought from Brooklyn Bill....being from Florida, it reminds me of a Mineola Tangelo.

Cheers!
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><