Slant-Bridge handles

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Slant-Bridge handles

Post by Want » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:26 pm

I've been looking at the slant bridge handle rods from Megabass with a fair amount of interest. Even though I focus on LM, I wind up fishing for Muskie just about every time out (bad habits die hard :) ) but at my new home lake a 10-14lb muskie is a decent fish.

So I throw smaller baits including some swimbaits like the kicking minnow and some other no name swimbaits that I picked up at a fishing show. The baits with jig heads average around 1 1/4 to 2 oz.. Anyway, I was casting away like crazy this past Saturday (skunked) and was wondering if the slant bridge handle would make casting easier.

Long winded post for a simple question: Do owners of slant-bridge rods find the handle supports their forearm better than straight handled rods?

Thanks, V.R.

Edit: What I'm asking is, does the "slant" section lie behind the arm so the forearm acts as a fulcrum of sorts?

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Slant-Bridge handles

Post by reelblues » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:43 pm

I am probably the newest SB owner here, just got a Brigandage couple weeks ago. I can't see how it would help casting, especially on two handed casts. I'm sure one of the other guys will fill you in on that. It would help on fighting one of those toothy critters though, as the slant should lock up under your arm for support instead of mostly using your wrists.

And, if thats a bunch of P.R. crap, it still looks 8-)
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Slant-Bridge handles

Post by Lightninrod » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 am

rb pretty well covered it; no help in casting but does feel 'right' when working the bait or playing a Bass.

Dan