MB f4-68x

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

MB f4-68x

Post by bruce S » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:34 pm

i was looking at the regular MB model f4-68x Jabberwock, anyone have one, I was thinking how it compared to the F4-610xdti Elisel in power and action? or is it more like the shuryu 610? can anyone comment :?:
B

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: MB f4-68x

Post by Johnny A » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:43 pm

I have one ... nice rod for both topwaters and shallow cranks. I may be selling it though, the EG Pantera suits me somewhat better.
j

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:58 pm

the jabberwock was my first MB rod and still my favorite rod ever for moving baits after 2 plus years of fishing it. I love it for topwater, jerks like 110s and pointers, and shallow cranks. It is not like the shiryu which I also have, it is faster action being graphite, the shiryu is a better crankbait rod IMO, but the jabberwock is awesome at topwater and jerks .couldnt say anything about the elseil though, i would not hesitate on the jabberwock, i would buy two if I could afford it ;)

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:15 pm

DUZBASS wrote:the jabberwock was my first MB rod and still my favorite rod ever for moving baits after 2 plus years of fishing it. I love it for topwater, jerks like 110s and pointers, and shallow cranks. It is not like the shiryu which I also have, it is faster action being graphite, the shiryu is a better crankbait rod IMO, but the jabberwock is awesome at topwater and jerks .couldnt say anything about the elseil though, i would not hesitate on the jabberwock, i would buy two if I could afford it ;)
What DB said.... 8-)

The Elseil is one of my favorite MBs too. Great all-round rod!

Dan

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Ligntin, if you have, or have fished both, what do you feel the difference in the two are?
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:55 pm

reelblues wrote:Ligntin, if you have, or have fished both, what do you feel the difference in the two are?
Actually RB, I believe LR has the Jabberwock Evoluzion, not the standard Destroyer line Jabber... 8-)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Johnny A wrote: I may be selling it though, the EG Pantera suits me somewhat better.
j
Congrats on the Pantera.

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Cal wrote:
reelblues wrote:Ligntin, if you have, or have fished both, what do you feel the difference in the two are?
Actually RB, I believe LR has the Jabberwock Evoluzion, not the standard Destroyer line Jabber... 8-)
Well, I was just wondering, because if B is going to sell his Elisel, well, ah, you know....

Just been thinking about the Jabber.

sorry B, thought I saw you might sell it in the first post. I need to quit reading so many posts late at night. My eyes get blurry. :lol:
Last edited by reelblues on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bruce S » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:56 am

=)))) Me sell my Elisel , just looking for a cheaper rod that is alittle stiff than the elisel. the Monkey is never happy.

Congrats on the Evergreen, JA,

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:35 am

DUZBASS wrote:the jabberwock was my first MB rod and still my favorite rod ever for moving baits after 2 plus years of fishing it. I love it for topwater, jerks like 110s and pointers, and shallow cranks. It is not like the shiryu which I also have, it is faster action being graphite, the shiryu is a better crankbait rod IMO, but the jabberwock is awesome at topwater and jerks .couldnt say anything about the elseil though, i would not hesitate on the jabberwock, i would buy two if I could afford it ;)
I've had the standard Jabberwock for a year and a half, and I can only say I agree with your comments 110% :D :D :D

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:30 am

GamblerHydra wrote:
Johnny A wrote: I may be selling it though, the EG Pantera suits me somewhat better.
j
Congrats on the Pantera.
bruce S wrote: Congrats on the Evergreen, JA,
Thanks, gents!