Ichiban Tackle - two thumbs up!!!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Ichiban Tackle - two thumbs up!!!

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 am

First, I am not sure this post goes here (I saw some posts here about Japan Pro fishing recently) but if not then please some Moderator move it to its appropriate folder.

Second, I am in no way affiliated with Ichiban Tackle.

Ichiban Tackle is fantastic. You guys may know I have been scouring TT and the Earth and Middle Earth and Westeros for JDM TDX Air Metals for several weeks. I picked one up from top-notch TT member hoohoorjoo and hoohoorjoo found another one for me through one of his buddies and I bought it too.

I have been looking at Ichiban for weeks and weeks for one and wha-la just by chance a used TDX 103H that looked basically new showed up on Ichiban on the used reels page on Wednesday - four days ago.

I immediately bought the thing. The next morning I get a note from Ichiban with tracking # and shipping information.

Then YESTERDAY the TDX shows up on my doorstep. Ichiban also packed in a sample of a Deps swimbait, and they put a note in the box stating that if I am not satisfied how to return it and thanking me for my purchase. That's four days from a Wednesday afternoon purchase from Houston, TX to arrival at my doorstep Saturday afternoon. Wow.

I am old fashioned. And that's what I call service. And I am very satisfied. If every transaction from Ichiban is like that then you guys can order from them with confidence in my opinion. Just thought I'd share my experience with fellow TT members.

Gulfcoastwader

Hooked_On_Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Ichiban Tackle - two thumbs up!!!

Post by Hooked_On_Bass » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:57 am

Ichiban is fantastic! I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Congrats on the new reel.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 am

I really like their service too. Faster than getting stuff from BPS or Cabelas. :lol:

I wish they were board sponsors. :big grin:

Jighead61
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jighead61 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I've done over half-dozen transactions with Ichiban and have nothing but high praise for them.

andrey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by andrey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:10 pm

ichiban is #1 customer service =D> bought a few reels from them. shipping never took more than 5 days to washington.

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by knht » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

another nod for ichiban service. Fast delivery and prompt communication. At times their stuff may seem slightly higher priced than other online retailers from Japan but i can take comfort that their rating of the items are true to their words. When they rated internal reel mechanism as B to AAA, they know what they are talking.

My first purchase from them triggered their Card vetting agent calling/emailing me to authenciate the transaction, which I was a bit edgy in entertaining unsolicited mails/calls asking for my card/transaction details but that was resolved after I raised a fuss. I received the item within 3 days after payment cleared, with a little surprise of two used lures and a little note thanking me for bearing with them.

my first post in TT and am singing high praise of an online retailer。 I hope my post will notbe miscontrued as I am associated with them :mrgreen:

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 am

wow just put in an order last week and got my stuff today. and i live in the middle of the country, holy snits...will definitely be putting in more orders in the future.

jmudd
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmudd » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:26 am

I have ordered from them several times and the service has always been stellar!! =D>
[URL=http://s116.photobucket.com/user/jamudd/media/gambler_2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/jamudd/gambler_2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I ordered from them at least 5 times and once they sent me a wrong lure, but immediately sent the correct one and told me to keep the other :D

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Good351 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am

I had not ordered from Ichiban before, but had browsed their website several times drooling over some of their reels.. Then over the weekend two reels I've been watching for were listed on their site..so now I'm in the middle of my first transaction with them :) After I placed the order I recieved an imediate confirmation, and then a USPS tracking #.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 am

I love Ichiban...Same goes for Samurai Tackle! Always great and stuff is usually shipped "same" day. Pay during the day shipped at night since they are 12 hrs ahead of us. :big grin:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by knht » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Recently bought some stuff from an ebay japan seller. I paid for the items through paypal and after three days, yet to receive any shipping notification. Numerous chaser mails were sent to the seller after payment and finally he replied, saying the items had bee sent to Japan Post for Blue Seal "radiation free" certification and that the process may take 5-7 days before the items can be shipped overseas.

I dunno if that is just bull or something new - the seller location is listed as Tokyo! now I am having my fingers crossed.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am

Ordered once from them. Very nice and helpful customer service!
But they have a lot of items out of stock.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 am

Ive ordered a bucnh of baits and reels from them.. never had a bad thing to say about ichiban! =D>
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

PancakeFace22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PancakeFace22 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Well all of these reviews for them helped push me to finally order my first JDM casting reel from them. Ordered a used Airy Red Pixy.