Best place to get a JDM Megabass rod.......

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Iowa Matt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Best place to get a JDM Megabass rod.......

Post by Iowa Matt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:59 am

I have not ordered a new rod from Japan before. I have some reels and lures and such, but I really want one of the rods on the Megabass webite and don't know how to go about getting it.

http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/bass ... 1xsrc.html

I guess I am looking for some people with experience getting these rods to the states to lend me some info about how you have done it and where you ordered from. I can find the rod at several online tackle shops in Japan, but don't know who the really reputable ones are. In addition, there are a couple ebay sellers with the rod, but ones in Italy and one only has 20 items sold......so I'm a little leary to give them $$.

Thanks so much for the help!

Matt

QuitLookinAtMyItos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best place to get a JDM Megabass rod.......

Post by QuitLookinAtMyItos » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 am

New -- get them from Megabass USA. Call them and see if they can source the model you're looking for. You can also try Hi's Tacklebox in CA -- they are a TackleTour sponsor.
www.megabassusa.com.

As far as used, this board is a great place to find them when they do pop up. If you buy from that auction site though, make sure the seller has a top notch feedback rating and be prepared to pay some crazy shipping.
JDM quality is unsurpassed. Period.

Iowa Matt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Iowa Matt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I have ordered several items (including one rod) from MB USA and they have provided excellent service. It was my understanding though that they could not/would not source JDM MB stuff........... :thinking:

I could certainly be wrong though.

Thanks

Matt

jayfaro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jayfaro » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey bud,
I was in contact with Catherine at Megabass USA and she said they have, in stock in Japan, a Racing Condition Jabberwock and they were making an order in Mid-November. They might have the hatchet as well, and if you buy from them, you wont be responsible for having it shipped from Japan to the States, you'll only need the rod shipped from MA to your location...hope this helps,

Jay

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:20 pm

It's been a while since I've ordered a Megabass rod from MBUSA but they got me the rod I wanted. It was a rod I saw on MBJP.

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Japanprofishing.com has always been great to deal with for me. Never bought a rod but I know they have a good selection of MB rods. the selection of jdm reels is great too

Iowa Matt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Iowa Matt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:11 pm

jayfaro wrote:Hey bud,
I was in contact with Catherine at Megabass USA and she said they have, in stock in Japan, a Racing Condition Jabberwock and they were making an order in Mid-November. They might have the hatchet as well, and if you buy from them, you wont be responsible for having it shipped from Japan to the States, you'll only need the rod shipped from MA to your location...hope this helps,

Jay
Nice! I have had good service from her before when I have ordered things. I will give them a call next week.

Matt

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Megabass USA. Since the dollar on the lowest level to Yen, it is cheaper to buy there, if they have the rod you are looking for in stock.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 pm

With the exchange rate and all, I would definitely give Hi's Tackle box a try. They have them in stock, and really know those rods well.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.