Auction site gems

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Auction site gems

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:35 am

I enjoy seeing people getting good deals. Sometimes I am like "dang, why didnt I search [auction site] for that"

I also like seeing what a good deal is or not. Helps with buying/selling goods. It is also cool to see when people buy a reel and it has a rare spool the seller clearly didnt notice, as if they are a pawn shop or other "im not into fishing but, I am selling this product" type thing.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 am

Not a gem, but a great price on a project reel. Could be worth it just for the spool if you've been looking for one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Daiwa-TD- ... SwfOBdwFtQ

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm

adam lancia wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 am
389Maverick wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am
It has nothing to do with being a chicken $hit [-(
It takes time, effort, and dedication to hunt down these items, especially oversees when you need to overcome the language barrier. Many more factors could be thrown in, but I'll just leave it at that.

When putting in the leg work, only to get burned on a public forum, especially with auctions, prior to said auction ending, you’re raising up the bids considerably, and lowering your chances to acquire these highly coveted items.

If anything, when putting in numerous hrs on a body of water, breaking it down, and pin pointing that hot spot where double digit behemoths are caught, are you going to publicly post the GPS coordinates? Imo, same principal applies here, to an extent.

There’s no harm in sharing your latest auction acquisitions, and I believe this was AB’s intention when starting up this thread many years ago, my issue/questioning is more so with folks sharing links/stores. Whether I “need” these items or not, I’ve never burned sources out of respect for the community/collectors that might be eyeing these items. Just my two cents.
Agreed. I'm not burning this source of mine, especially when I know they aren't going to run out of cool stuff I don't need but definitely covet anytime soon!
I didn't mean to "call you out" as chickenshit. I don't know you, so that would just be stupid.
I meant that life is too short to not share. Everything I know I learned from someone sharing with me, whether it is in fishing, or in life in general.
I've worked with carpenters who didn't share, because they were afraid you'd take their job, and I decided I didn't want to live like that.
Sharing is what makes us real people.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Hear hear! Share and share alike. 🍻
This is the way.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:28 am

mark poulson wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm
adam lancia wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 am
389Maverick wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am
It has nothing to do with being a chicken $hit [-(
It takes time, effort, and dedication to hunt down these items, especially oversees when you need to overcome the language barrier. Many more factors could be thrown in, but I'll just leave it at that.

When putting in the leg work, only to get burned on a public forum, especially with auctions, prior to said auction ending, you’re raising up the bids considerably, and lowering your chances to acquire these highly coveted items.

If anything, when putting in numerous hrs on a body of water, breaking it down, and pin pointing that hot spot where double digit behemoths are caught, are you going to publicly post the GPS coordinates? Imo, same principal applies here, to an extent.

There’s no harm in sharing your latest auction acquisitions, and I believe this was AB’s intention when starting up this thread many years ago, my issue/questioning is more so with folks sharing links/stores. Whether I “need” these items or not, I’ve never burned sources out of respect for the community/collectors that might be eyeing these items. Just my two cents.
Agreed. I'm not burning this source of mine, especially when I know they aren't going to run out of cool stuff I don't need but definitely covet anytime soon!
I didn't mean to "call you out" as chickenshit. I don't know you, so that would just be stupid.
I meant that life is too short to not share. Everything I know I learned from someone sharing with me, whether it is in fishing, or in life in general.
I've worked with carpenters who didn't share, because they were afraid you'd take their job, and I decided I didn't want to live like that.
Sharing is what makes us real people.
No harm done Mark.

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:24 pm

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr ... 3531057557

~$200 Destroyer Evoluzion F3.5 610Ti, seems like a pretty solid deal. Don’t have any experience with the seller for what it’s worth, but at that price point it might be worth a gamble :whistle:

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:05 am

A very nice TDZ 100M just went up on that site, with a good BIN OBO. Not my listing and I’ve already got two of them, but it’s a really clean reel for the price of essentially the handle and spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:52 am

Not an auction site but I found an lefty Speedmaster 201 in a 7.5/10 for 8,800 yen. These are somewhat sought after aren't they? I'm guessing a tyd price of $100.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am

LowRange wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:52 am
Not an auction site but I found an lefty Speedmaster 201 in a 7.5/10 for 8,800 yen. These are somewhat sought after aren't they? I'm guessing a tyd price of $100.
Never mind. They don't ship outside the US. Japanese Ebay sellers are listing reels from this same store with the same pics for more than double the asking price in yen. I saw a reel on ebay for $285 and the same reel is 13000 yen or $115. Many such cases.