Why expensive tackle

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Why expensive tackle

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 am

cuke wrote:i wish i could afford a couple of seasick yoda colored steezes :mrgreen:
I like the Megabass IS version myself 8-)

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:47 am

bronzefly wrote:
cuke wrote:i wish i could afford a couple of seasick yoda colored steezes :mrgreen:
I like the Megabass IS version myself 8-)

these and the hedgegog are the 2 customs I like

cuke
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cuke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 pm

nice, but i'm definitely not buying any $800 reels period........ ah man you got any lefties :mrgreen:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:09 pm

cuke wrote:nice, but i'm definitely not buying any $800 reels period........ ah man you got any lefties :mrgreen:
That's too bad because I have a new IS71HL in stock right now ;) 8 bills will get you a production version indeed which is an incredible reel! 8 bills however, will not get you one of the ultra limited 25th Anniversary limited "Ito Green" models. Megabass only produced 50 of the RH IS79, 25 of the RH IS73, 25 of the LH IS71HL, and 25 of the IS63L period :!:

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=3940

dusty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dusty » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't even like to buy production rods anymore. Every rod I've acquired over the last 3-4 years has been custom.

This place really does screw up priorities haha.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:08 pm

dusty wrote:I don't even like to buy production rods anymore. Every rod I've acquired over the last 3-4 years has been custom.

This place really does screw up priorities haha.

lol! or else puts them in order finally!

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm

X2

flipperjig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by flipperjig » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:55 am

My time on the water is very valuble to me and I am willing to do most anything to enhance the experience. Money spent on high end tackle is an investment and also provides a better value over the long term. The same reason that when I needed a boat 13 years ago, I went with a custom made high perf. rig vs. a mass produced model. That decision has paid off many times over as I still have the boat and have no reason to upgrade because it is still superior in every aspect to most boats being made today.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 am

bronzefly wrote:
cuke wrote:nice, but i'm definitely not buying any $800 reels period........ ah man you got any lefties :mrgreen:
That's too bad because I have a new IS71HL in stock right now ;) 8 bills will get you a production version indeed which is an incredible reel! 8 bills however, will not get you one of the ultra limited 25th Anniversary limited "Ito Green" models. Megabass only produced 50 of the RH IS79, 25 of the RH IS73, 25 of the LH IS71HL, and 25 of the IS63L period :!:

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=3940

Not sure why it would worth that but people buy them so they have no to stop

fishsmart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishsmart » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 am

When you buy a good quality reel that does what you want. You will get 1$ of reel performance for every 1$ spent.

When you buy a more expensive reel with the same funtionality as the above reel, you are now paying $1+ for each item of functionality.

We all face these decisions and it's up to every persons value/decision making system.

Charles

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:01 am

There's a reason the roads aren't only full of Sub compact cars.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:30 am

I found one lefty for you http://www.japantackle.com/Daiwa/Megabass_IS71Hyper.htm

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 pm

lpquick wrote: I found one lefty for you http://www.japantackle.com/Daiwa/Megabass_IS71Hyper.htm
:lol: Long gone! They only made 25 of those, that's it. Seen them sell for well over the $1500 mark along with most of the 25th Anniversary IS Limited once they were distributed... BUT, that's one of the most beautiful reels ever made in my opinion 8-)

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Love the green purple combo

ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ztcsmd » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:25 am

I think it all is a matter of perspective. Most new decent boats starting at 40k, trucks to pull them with at 40K, depending on travel time another 100 bucks in fuel back and forth to the ramp, another 50 min to feed the boat fuel, food, your beverage of choice, if you are staying more than 1 day then there is lodging at around 100 per night. If you already have invested that much to enjoy the sport why not step up your game and enjoy the best equipment you can? Also with the higher end stuff you tend to take a lot better care of your equipment--you don't see much stuff here on the classifieds with a lot of boat rash. The equipment also maintains its value a whole lot better and has a longer life span than the cheaper stuff, sometimes increasing in value. Besides all of that as other posters have stated it is enjoyable and fun and adds to the total experience we call fishing.