Good Reel Cover

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
iliketofishman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Good Reel Cover

Post by iliketofishman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 am

First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone with helping me assemble my new handle on my Megabass IS73c. I didn't want to bring back an old thread so I wanted to add this with this one.

I was kind of surprised that with such an expensive reel I did not recieve a reel cover though. Now I am in need/want and wanted to see if anyone knows of a good (premium) reel cover. My buddy has a Steez cover and I really like it but can't find it on sale anywhere online. Preferably I would want one that says Megabass but I'm ok with Daiwa also.

iliketofishman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Good Reel Cover

Post by iliketofishman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 am

Wanted to add that I prefer a reel cover and I can put my entire reel into and not one made to be attached onto the rod.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 am

Get a spinning reel cover then you could put your entire reel into it. I sometimes use the cover of my Steez 2508 for handling my precious baitcasters. :mrgreen:

Most other baitcaster covers only cover the reel body and leave the handle/knobs outside.

http://all.daiwa21.com/fishing/item/bag ... index.html

leolwt13
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by leolwt13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 am

Cant find any thats as close a beauty to these...

http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/gear ... ector.html

A little more suited for round baitcasters like their lins. But shdnt be a problem for low profiles. Even my lin didnt come with any reel cover. I hope my friendly tackleshop stock them soon.

got2be5
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by got2be5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 am

Brooklyn Bills has some good ones.Hope this helps.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 am

The daiwa covers are number one IMO..
I've got 18 of them and they do a great job of protecting the reels..

nuocmam1222
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nuocmam1222 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:12 pm

leolwt13 wrote:Cant find any thats as close a beauty to these...

http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/gear ... ector.html

A little more suited for round baitcasters like their lins. But shdnt be a problem for low profiles. Even my lin didnt come with any reel cover. I hope my friendly tackleshop stock them soon.
they are definitely too baggy for IS reels no matter how well its pictured on their website.. they are better for Lin's, a little big on Mono's

the best are the Daiwa ones, the Daiwa neoprene came with the Megabass logo for the Mono's.

http://japantackle.com/Tuning_parts/Protection_bags.htm

q1w2e3_89
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by q1w2e3_89 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 pm

What I do is cut a velcro slimming wrap to about 1 foot in length and wrap the entire thing around the grip. Not only is it faster than putting on a reel cover but it protects parts sticking out such as the seat trigger and reel handle from scratches. It can also double up as a mat for bank fishing. Looks ugly, but provides great protection!

paul19057
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paul19057 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 am

The Diawa CV-S covers are very nice
Just got 2 for my TDZ 103 itos
Paul

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm

If you're not hung up on brand names, the phenix BC covers that TW sells are good. I use one for my PX R and like it. It leaves the knobs out, but the handle and everything else is covered. And you can use it with or without a rod.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Ditto the Daiwa neoprene. I prefer the med size if used while the reel is on the rod. The small size wants to accidentally come off too easy.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 pm

I use the daiwa neoprene covers on all my reels they are great,if you want the same covers tackle warehouse has the phenix reel covers which are the excact same thing,if you don't mind the phenix logo.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 am

Opass have some nice reel covers. This is what I use.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 pm

I was going to start a thread about the same thing. I was wondering what you guys are using for round reels like a Luna 253 or a Pluton. I tried the neoprene cover that came with my Steez 103 and it works pretty decent on those two reels and the Lexa 300 but I'd really like to have something that allows for the line to pass through to the guides. The Megabass cover that leolwt13 linked is perfect but I'm not trying to pay anything over $20 for a cover.

I've see a few different covers on Ebay but I can't tell if they allow for the line to pass through. Plus I really only want to deal with the style that does the complete wrap around over the handle. I'll settle on the low pro style Daiwa, Phenix or the Opass if I can't find anything else and I'll just mod them to allow for what I want but I'd really like to buy one that's already designed to do that.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 am

I got the Rod Glove reel cover. It's more complicated than a nursing bra.