Megabass Zonda 68L Limited Rosso color? New In Hand Pics!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Megabass Zonda 68L Limited Rosso color? New In Hand Pics

Post by africanbass » Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

hmgfoo wrote:Becareful on getting limited Megabass reel series from eBay. Some of them are really good fakes. Yes it may look like something Megabass produce but it's not. Alot of people are tuning Daiwa reels to look like it was done by Megabass, limited series. I got scammed twice, once from Maylasia & another time from Japan. Go through a reputable JDM site, if it was that good. Most of the reputable JDM site would have it already. Really, anybody who can get their hands on JDM parts can produce a Megabass reel with a paint scheme, serial number & all. You could even laminate the reel box to look like a true original Megabass box. The truth needs to be told, you been warn.
If you can manage to get your hands on any limited MB parts(lexan side plates/carbon handles/ccc/spools),you are a miracle worker.
If you then go to the hassle to produce a box/serial number/paint scheme,you are welcome to my money. 8-)
Would love to see photos of these reels.
Pimping a reel to look like a limited edition costs more than the original in most cases,just does not make financial sense to me.

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm

In the world of fakes, some are worth more than the original. Like africanbass said, if anyone would go to all the trouble and expense of producing a fake, then it's probably more valuable than what you paid.

Nice reel, shame it's not a Shimano ;)

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 pm

africanbass wrote:
hmgfoo wrote:Becareful on getting limited Megabass reel series from eBay. Some of them are really good fakes. Yes it may look like something Megabass produce but it's not. Alot of people are tuning Daiwa reels to look like it was done by Megabass, limited series. I got scammed twice, once from Maylasia & another time from Japan. Go through a reputable JDM site, if it was that good. Most of the reputable JDM site would have it already. Really, anybody who can get their hands on JDM parts can produce a Megabass reel with a paint scheme, serial number & all. You could even laminate the reel box to look like a true original Megabass box. The truth needs to be told, you been warn.
If you can manage to get your hands on any limited MB parts(lexan side plates/carbon handles/ccc/spools),you are a miracle worker.
If you then go to the hassle to produce a box/serial number/paint scheme,you are welcome to my money. 8-)
Would love to see photos of these reels.
Pimping a reel to look like a limited edition costs more than the original in most cases,just does not make financial sense to me.
hmgfoo, I would like to hear more details regarding your claim. Which two models are they? And if possible, any photos are welcomed.

As africanbass said, I don't think it's easy for someone to tune a Daiwa to look like Megabass. At best, maybe a TDZ to TD-ito, or Alphas ai to Zonda. Steez EX to IS might be possible but the Steez EX is not cheap either. Previous version and JDM Steez do not share same frame with IS. Again, quite a lot Megabass parts are unique and not easy to replicate.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Zimbass wrote:In the world of fakes, some are worth more than the original. Like africanbass said, if anyone would go to all the trouble and expense of producing a fake, then it's probably more valuable than what you paid.

Nice reel, shame it's not a Shimano ;)
Shimano? Have they ever made a baitcaster that bling? :lol:

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu May 30, 2013 5:19 am

these two the real deal?
limited to 30 pcs.

Megabass IS73C Competition Galaxy Red - $1,099.99

MEGABASS IS73C Racing Viola Custom Limited Edition - $1,145.95

hmgfoo
Angler
Angler

Post by hmgfoo » Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 am

I've never bid an item from ruketen, I can't confirm if it is or not. What I would do is contact reputable JDM online site to confirm if their is a limited series Megabass reel out. Actual front stores in Osaka can help.

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 am

there are quite a few reputable dealers of rare limiteds on ebay. Highspeed being the best imo. I'm also skeptical about fakes i can see them pulling off a bait and switch but an actual fake would take too much effort to produce and turn no profit.

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Thu May 30, 2013 7:37 am

The Racing Viora edition is legit. According to my connection in Japan, it is a special edition made for the wholesalers. Only 50 made!

hmgfoo
Angler
Angler

Post by hmgfoo » Thu May 30, 2013 7:42 am

The easiest fake is to repaint the reel, have you ever thought of that? Then re-marketed for acouple hundreds more. Umm besides going into to many details. It can be done, functionality is Megabass, color scheme maybe not? You can buy a Steez EX, put a Megabass handle on it & a new paint scheme. Now it's limited. Just my experience.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am

hmgfoo wrote:The easiest fake is to repaint the reel, have you ever thought of that? Then re-marketed for acouple hundreds more. Umm besides going into to many details. It can be done, functionality is Megabass, color scheme maybe not? You can buy a Steez EX, put a Megabass handle on it & a new paint scheme. Now it's limited. Just my experience.
No one is denying your personal experience, but rather whether the MB Daiwa reels in question, in example, are fakes?

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 am

ebay/paypal covers you in that case because if you purchase one with good pics it's an obvious bait and switch. never buy a rare like that without the box and good pics problem solved. If what shows up doesn't match the pics you're set. I'd be more worried about it just not ever arriving then someone painting and rebadging a steez and counterfeiting a box.

Obviously you want to check if the limited run ever existed of course i get that. But at the price of a mb handle being $200 and a steez being $500-600 you're stand to make $200 or so from painting it and forging a box. If ebay the seller would be flagged and tagged.

Follow the due diligence you would with any high dollar purchase and you should be fine. I would be interested in seeing a fake though counterfeits fascinate me. I work in the financial sector and it's always fun to get a look at counterfeit bills.

branover
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by branover » Thu May 30, 2013 11:25 am

I'm confident the zonda I got is legit. I agree with others about making sure to buy from reputable sellers and check feedback on eBay. Highspeed, for instance, is a great seller. Generally I prefer to avoid eBay and stick with the the online Japanese retailers but sometimes I can't resist.

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Thu May 30, 2013 1:15 pm

hmgfoo wrote:The easiest fake is to repaint the reel, have you ever thought of that? Then re-marketed for acouple hundreds more. Umm besides going into to many details. It can be done, functionality is Megabass, color scheme maybe not? You can buy a Steez EX, put a Megabass handle on it & a new paint scheme. Now it's limited. Just my experience.
Lol it sounds like you are just jealous of branover's find :lol22:

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu May 30, 2013 1:38 pm

more pics of the rosso

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm

DE_Bass_Enthusiast wrote:
Lol it sounds like you are just jealous of branover's find :lol22:
Shhhhh.......u say it out too loud. :evil: :lol: