Megabass Black Jungle Power Versatile

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Black Jungle Power Versatile

Post by goldrod » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:01 pm

I am the opposite and i only use the PV for this mesu jig in 3/4 oz.
its like the dirty jig HP flipping jig in that they both sit the same at rest ( at least on a flat surface in my home) , so i think the hook angle is the same.

The short time i was able to I did try some tw with the rod/reel set up and I didnt particularly care for it that way but I am looking to use some swimbaits with it late summer when i get a break. No matter what your throwing it will sling it and I love the power. Its like when a fish hits my lure, the rod rises in my hand and I become in a trance and I say " By the power of greyskull.. I have the power!" Than the music starts and a loud tiger roars, and lightning is popping all around me but it never hits me. I set the hook as normal... If it wasn't for the lightning i think there would be witnesses to this event..

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Anyone using this rod for swimjigs? I’m leaning towards throwing a few next month when it a touch cooler.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:02 am

I still have and use my PV from time to time. It's a specialty rod for me. I could see 1 oz swim jigs with a big bulky trailer around heavy grass down there in Florida, but aside from that, the PV is too much rod for "normal" swim jig duties.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am

I regret that I never bought one of these. Would love to see a new generation of the Black Jungle rods...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:05 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am
I regret that I never bought one of these. Would love to see a new generation of the Black Jungle rods...
I like mine and I've done all sorts of things with it except t rigs if my memory serves me correctly
I am thinking about using it for big buzz baits and such but I've pitched jigs with it and have had success
To me pitching a jig is a reaction technique like swimming a jig or chatter baits which I've used mine almost exclusively for cb.
If you run across one, I'd think you should scratch that rod off the list and just get it. Life is short
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

I love mine, use mainly from frogs. Like it for 1-3 oz moving baits and topwaters.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:45 pm

The Power Versatile can handle bigger baits, but it can handle a 1/2 oz swim jig with a trailer like a reaction innovations skinny dipper just fine. Are there rods better suited for this, sure, but if your in the heavy grass or millfoil, its nice to have that extra power if you pull up a huge wad with your bait.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm

BigG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2013 5:10 am
I just got my PV and found it balances well with a zillion or Z200. I'm using my for swimbaits and larger topwater with the Z200. If I were to use it for bottom contact, I think I would use some variance of the zillion.
I still have my PV and still one of my favorite rods. Replaced the Z200 with an IP 68. Great frog rod! Any moving bait 3/4 oz. to 3 oz. No bottom contract. Should have named this rod the Guntersville’s Special.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 am

goldrod wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:01 pm
I am the opposite and i only use the PV for this mesu jig in 3/4 oz.
its like the dirty jig HP flipping jig in that they both sit the same at rest ( at least on a flat surface in my home) , so i think the hook angle is the same.

The short time i was able to I did try some tw with the rod/reel set up and I didnt particularly care for it that way but I am looking to use some swimbaits with it late summer when i get a break. No matter what your throwing it will sling it and I love the power. Its like when a fish hits my lure, the rod rises in my hand and I become in a trance and I say " By the power of greyskull.. I have the power!" Than the music starts and a loud tiger roars, and lightning is popping all around me but it never hits me. I set the hook as normal... If it wasn't for the lightning i think there would be witnesses to this event..
LMMFAO...that He Man reference is funny as all get out!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:37 pm

I would not recommend the Power Versatile for your intended use. I had one and to me its more an all around swim bait / big bait rod that can handle other duties in a pinch. Its a little overbuilt and heavier rod for bottom contact tip up techniques. To me it doesn't truly come into its own until you use heavier baits. If your mostly under an oz and doing allot of bottom contact I would probably look elsewhere. Don't know if one can be found but for your purposes a Megabass X7 Diablo Fastmove Special would feel much more at home and lighter for your primary purposes and also be very versatile when needed.