Steez 103 Line Guide ?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Steez 103 Line Guide ?

Post by EJP1234 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 am

One my newer 1yr old Steez casting reel, the gold cap for the line guide on the front of the reel keeps popping off. I push it back on, but it falls off again... Other then sending it back to Daiwa, is there an easy fix? Just a dab of super glue, though i would prefer not for such an expensive reel. Thanks.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Steez 103 Line Guide ?

Post by africanbass » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 am

I have removed a couple of the guide 'surrounds' in the past and had them painted.
I used a small amount of epoxy to remount without any problems.

mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mike_honcho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:56 am

africanbass wrote:I have removed a couple of the guide 'surrounds' in the past and had them painted.

I have done the same as "africanbass" and used just a drop of super glue. You don't have to be too generous with the glue, a little dab will do you. Ofcourse if you have over run clean it off.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 am

A tiny "drop" of Devcon 2 ton epoxy at the top, bottom, left, and right and it won't come off again. Super glue may work too, but I haven't tried it.

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 am

africanbass wrote:I have removed a couple of the guide 'surrounds' in the past and had them painted.
How do you remove them if they're not defective? Are they just a pressure fit or are they glued?

mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mike_honcho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 am

smalliesteve wrote:
How do you remove them if they're not defective? Are they just a pressure fit or are they glued?
The ones I have have just a little glue. There is a small hole i believe on both sides of the surround. I took a tiny screw drive insert it into the hole and wiggle it loose. Be very careful or you could deform the side of the surround. That was my method but im sure there are safer ways.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

mike_honcho wrote:
smalliesteve wrote:
The ones I have have just a little glue. There is a small hole i believe on both sides of the surround. I took a tiny screw drive insert it into the hole and wiggle it loose. Be very careful or you could deform the side of the surround. That was my method but im sure there are safer ways.
Done the same,seem to 'pop' without too much force.

ah_long
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ah_long » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 pm

EJP1234 wrote:One my newer 1yr old Steez casting reel, the gold cap for the line guide on the front of the reel keeps popping off. I push it back on, but it falls off again... Other then sending it back to Daiwa, is there an easy fix? Just a dab of super glue, though i would prefer not for such an expensive reel. Thanks.
if the reel has not reached 1 yr yet, why not contact daiwa for warranty? I would assume this is a factory defect

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I would, but it just needs a dab of glue. I don't see the point in sending it off and waiting two weeks when all they are going to do it glue it themselves.