Megabass Heavy Jig rod recommendations

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Megabass Heavy Jig rod recommendations

Post by DUZBASS » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I am looking for the best of the best heavy jig rods from Megabass. 1/2, 3/4, 1oz jigs and t-rigs, would love it being versatile for big cranks, spinnerbaits and swimbaits but not really required. I am looking for ultimate sensitivity and bottom contact. I would prefer a rod of 7'+.

Here are a few I was considering:

F5-75X7
F7-71X7
FX-710X7 (leaning towards this one at the moment)

F5-76X
FX-711X

FX-711X4

any help appreciated, (Bronzefly ;) )

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Heavy Jig rod recommendations

Post by SWH » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 am

Hi

I use my F7-71X7 with a LIN 10 for spinnerbaits, swimjigs, swimbaits, and topwaters too like 5" lunker punkers. I only use single hooks so it can do crankbaits or lipless ones too, but it's slightly on the stiff side for that. It's very good for bottom contact too.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 am

Let me ask, are you looking for ONE rod for 1/2 to 1oz jigs, plus trailer that you can use for big crank baits, big spinner baits, AND big swim baits? How big a swim bait?

Before going into much detail, I'd want to be clear. Feel free to shoot me an email as well if you like at thetackletrap@gmail.com

Drop two regardless - F5-75X7 and FX-711X4 and we'll go from there :lol:

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 am

bronzefly wrote:Let me ask, are you looking for ONE rod for 1/2 to 1oz jigs, plus trailer that you can use for big crank baits, big spinner baits, AND big swim baits? How big a swim bait?

Before going into much detail, I'd want to be clear. Feel free to shoot me an email as well if you like at thetackletrap@gmail.com

Drop two regardless - F5-75X7 and FX-711X4 and we'll go from there :lol:
Thanks, 2 down is a great start!

Well I would love more than one :roll: , but really just one rod with great sensitivity, mainly for those jigs but it would be nice if it was versatile. At the moment I am thinking F7-71X7 or FX-710X7 , but that's only based on descriptions from Megabass.

For reference I am using the cumulus 71MH for this technique, which is incredibly sensitive but a little under gunned with bigger jigs, especially around any cover or deep water. I have tried the F6-72X4 and a 7'H & 76H Zillion but none had the sensitivity I was looking for.
Thanks Gary!