jdm daiwa tatula

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: jdm daiwa tatula

Post by lund40 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 am

lund40 wrote:Just got my jdm tatula today,nice looking reel ,made in thailand, it has a nice black gloss finish, wasn't able to make a hail mary cast(fenced backyard) can't wait to get it on the water.
The jdm tatula fits my shimano rod

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 am

lund40 wrote:
lund40 wrote:Just got my jdm tatula today,nice looking reel ,made in thailand, it has a nice black gloss finish, wasn't able to make a hail mary cast(fenced backyard) can't wait to get it on the water.
The jdm tatula fits my shimano rod
post up some pics

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:39 am

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS !!!!

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 am

Hi! Can you tell us, what is a weight of JDM Tatula's spool?

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:30 pm

I don't have a scale, i'm new to baitcast reels, so mods is my next endeavor

Apirat15
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Apirat15 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:49 pm

I need to know that spool Tatula JDM can replacement with Tatula USDM ?

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Apirat15 wrote:I need to know that spool Tatula JDM can replacement with Tatula USDM ?
If it becomes available, it will fit.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:53 am

JDM Daiwa Tatula's 103 spool weight
Attachments
9ffaed2c0586.jpg
9ffaed2c0586.jpg (45.84 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 am

Dang

That is heavier than a spool from the type r.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 am

I expected it to be heavier, since it's a shallower spool. I assume that weight including line will still be slightly less.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 am

I'd like to see the total weight i.e. fully spooled with line. I don't see any real sense in ordering a shallow spool with the goal of being to be able to cast lighter lures better and have the overall weight end up being the same once it's full of line. That being said, how many of you don't fill the spool completely to save overall weight?

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:14 am

Surprising that there are still no aftermarket Tatula spools. I suppose there is a misapprehension that the kind of angler who buys such spools would not purchase (or bother to upgrade) a $150 reel.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:23 am

adam lancia wrote:...how many of you don't fill the spool completely to save overall weight?
Not me. A benefit of low spool weight is lower inertia, but another thing that makes it easier to start a spool turning is having the point of pull further out from its axis. Then, once the spool is in motion, bearing friction is less of a hindrance as circumference increases, because fewer spool rotations are necessary to feed out a given amount of line.

I haven't tested the relative advantages of weight vs. diameter; I imagine any benefit of saving weight by underspooling would be greatest with fluorocarbon, least with braid.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:41 am

Bronzeye wrote:
adam lancia wrote:...how many of you don't fill the spool completely to save overall weight?
Not me. A benefit of low spool weight is lower inertia, but another thing that makes it easier to start a spool turning is having the point of pull further out from its axis. Then, once the spool is in motion, bearing friction is less of a hindrance as circumference increases, because fewer spool rotations are necessary to feed out a given amount of line.

I haven't tested the relative advantages of weight vs. diameter; I imagine any benefit of saving weight by underspooling would be greatest with fluorocarbon, least with braid.
I hadn't even given point of pull relative to axis of rotation a thought, thanks for the great answer!

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Bronzeye wrote:Surprising that there are still no aftermarket Tatula spools. I suppose there is a misapprehension that the kind of angler who buys such spools would not purchase (or bother to upgrade) a $150 reel.
There's about to be now that the new zillion uses that frame. We can count on that. Spools should be compatible between the 2(hopefully).