jdm daiwa tatula

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

jdm daiwa tatula

Post by lund40 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:41 am

My jdm tatula should be at my doorstep in a few days, anyone else expecting one, the wait is brutal.

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: jdm daiwa tatula

Post by AndZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Upon receiving it, could you measure the spool weight? I'm curious whether the JDM 103 spool is lighter or not compared to the USDM version. Thanks. I've got 2 Tatula Type-R's and already fished one last weekend. The distance getting out of a stock reel is pretty impressive.

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:05 am

I just got into baitcast reels, so doing mods is all new to me, but i will post on how it cast.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 am

I should ask my sources to see whether the Tatula 103 spools are available as a part sale

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:14 am

Mcyl wrote:I should ask my sources to see whether the Tatula 103 spools are available as a part sale
Hi there, they should be, at least after a while. I'm curious about the JDM spools weight.

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DougL58 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:18 am

AndZ wrote:
Mcyl wrote:I should ask my sources to see whether the Tatula 103 spools are available as a part sale
Hi there, they should be, at least after a while. I'm curious about the JDM spools weight.
Spool weight and line capacity please. :)

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 am

DougL58 wrote:
AndZ wrote:
Spool weight and line capacity please. :)
Line cap is easy, being listed on Daiwa Japan site: 120 meters of 12 lbs. line (0.28 mm) or 100 m of 14 lbs. line (0.30 or 0.31 mm). It's a "103" spool, but in tatula class.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 am

AndZ wrote:
I don't think (from experience with Avail reels) shallower spools weight less. It's more the overall system of spool and line weighs less.

bkbz520
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bkbz520 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Where were able to find one. thanks

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Mcyl wrote:
AndZ wrote:
I don't think (from experience with Avail reels) shallower spools weight less. It's more the overall system of spool and line weighs less.
Yes, but if the 103 spool will be 2-3 grams lighter, combined with the lesser line cap, that would add to some improved castability in certain lure weights, towards the lighter end of the spectrum. So far, I'm impressed with how this under $200 casts just as far or even farther than my tuned TD-Z Type-R tuned with all the goodies (105 shallow spool and TG ceramic rocket bearings). Tatula being stock, out of the box. With 3/16 oz. sinker, 3/0 offset hook and 3.8" iShad Tail soft plastic.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 am

AndZ wrote:
Mcyl wrote:
AndZ wrote:
Yes, but if the 103 spool will be 2-3 grams lighter, combined with the lesser line cap, that would add to some improved castability in certain lure weights, towards the lighter end of the spectrum. So far, I'm impressed with how this under $200 casts just as far or even farther than my tuned TD-Z Type-R tuned with all the goodies (105 shallow spool and TG ceramic rocket bearings). Tatula being stock, out of the box. With 3/16 oz. sinker, 3/0 offset hook and 3.8" iShad Tail soft plastic.
Wow, in that case you'll love the if you could get over the hood and for some, the material.

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 am

Mcyl wrote:
AndZ wrote:
Mcyl wrote:
AndZ wrote:
Wow, in that case you'll love the if you could get over the hood and for some, the material.
I just got 2 of them for MH fishing in tournaments this year. Mostly lures over 1/4 oz. PE lines from a minimum of 30 lbs. to 50 lbs. And we'll talks about in November how the reels held up. I will need them to get some hopefully big uns out of nasty cover.

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 am

Just got my jdm tatula today,nice looking reel ,made in thailand, it has a nice black gloss finish, wasn't able to make a hail mary cast(fenced backyard) can't wait to get it on the water.

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:45 pm

lund40 wrote:Just got my jdm tatula today,nice looking reel ,made in thailand, it has a nice black gloss finish, wasn't able to make a hail mary cast(fenced backyard) can't wait to get it on the water.
Get ready to be amazed. The T3 Air didn't impress me as much as these Tatulas. Talking about specific casting range for each model. I'm looking forward to what the incoming Morethan might hold in addition of the regular Tatula.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:18 am

AndZ wrote:
lund40 wrote:Just got my jdm tatula today,nice looking reel ,made in thailand, it has a nice black gloss finish, wasn't able to make a hail mary cast(fenced backyard) can't wait to get it on the water.
Get ready to be amazed. The T3 Air didn't impress me as much as these Tatulas. Talking about specific casting range for each model. I'm looking forward to what the incoming Morethan might hold in addition of the regular Tatula.
Looks to be expensive...mag sealed BBs look interesting. I wonder of they're kept to other Daiwa BB dimensions.