Shimano Brenious - Saltwater Baitfinesse

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shimano Brenious - Saltwater Baitfinesse

Post by John G » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am

Martin Lo wrote:
John G wrote:
Martin Lo wrote:
My sole issue with casting on any setting seem to border on the 14lb mark..FC.
With any other stuff I can cast however I want and no worry about overrun. Above that mark...it's strange. During midway In the trajectory the FC fluffs up and then flattens out as the fall begins. The one in five is when that fluff does cast itself out.

Thumbing it the whole way..I can still feel the line unravelling under my thumb although its more manageable.
Swallow your pride and tighten up your cast control knob a little bit!
Ok, cool! I never figured it out as that. Coming from fishing braid or light FC I tighten the CC till the spool doesn't wobble and leave it. Thank you.
I hope that works for you! I do know what you are talking about. You make a cast and all of of a sudden the flouro gets all fluffy and sometimes it works it way out before the lure hits and sometimes it doesn't. For me, if I am using the heavier line like you mentioned, a heavier lure solves the problem. If I don't want to use a heavier lure, it's either 3 brakes on (all I use is Shimano) and 3 off or tighten the cast control knob.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:00 am

It's down right freaky, I'll go and try Cc adjustments today. Thanks.

Isaiah20
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Isaiah20 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Anyone know what bearings to use to upgrade? Planning on putting one on a MajorCraft Volkey BFS.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Isaiah20 wrote:Anyone know what bearings to use to upgrade? Planning on putting one on a MajorCraft Volkey BFS.
3x10x4, 2 of them

SneakySnook
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SneakySnook » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 am

ezcue wrote:O.K. they got my attention. I am also looking hard at the Daiwa Tatula JDM. I used to bass fish and use a lot of JDM stuff. I now fish primarily inshore salt ( trout, redfish, flounder) and have been wondering about crossover ( salt water safe) JDM stuff. Exciting times for me and terror for the wallet. That "bream" looks a whole lot like a TripleTail. :-k
I was thinking the same thing. Looks just like a tripletail and they pull a lot harder than a bream and get a lot bigger also.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Can't find the user review page anymore so I just placed it in this forum.
Mods-is user reviews still available and can be pinned? Thx
Here's the Brenious takedown and review
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60111

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Martin,

Excellent review. Now, we fully expect a review of the Daiwa SS Air.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Thor wrote:Martin,

Excellent review. Now, we fully expect a review of the Daiwa SS Air.
I don't have one...however I am fully expecting the 2015 Alphas to come up with and air version!

Dark3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dark3 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:10 am

Martin Lo wrote:It's down right freaky, I'll go and try Cc adjustments today. Thanks.
It sounds like what you are talking about is very simple and common. That "fluffing" is because your bait slowed down and your spool was still spinning fast. The most educated thumb is still fairly dumb.

Blows out on the VERY beginning of the cast its brakes, blows out AFTER the beginning of the cast its tension.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 am

Dark3 wrote:
Martin Lo wrote:It's down right freaky, I'll go and try Cc adjustments today. Thanks.
It sounds like what you are talking about is very simple and common. That "fluffing" is because your bait slowed down and your spool was still spinning fast. The most educated thumb is still fairly dumb.

Blows out on the VERY beginning of the cast its brakes, blows out AFTER the beginning of the cast its tension.
It only seems to happen on harder FC, it's rather freaky to watch it blow out then resettle. I have started using a bit more CC but the best remedy I found was to bed in the line with a decent casting lure castes out a few times.