YEN Continues Dropping

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: YEN Continues Dropping

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:07 am

E73Bass wrote: And as of a few weeks ago...I am reconsidering ,my paypal useage altogether...they will not allow you to pay for any purchase on line for ammunition.
I agree 110%. For those of you who don't know, Paypal supports anti-gun lobbyists on Capitol Hill to the tune of millions of dollars each year. That's the primary reason I quit using their "service". I just can't knowingly be in collusion with that sort of idiocy! [-X Notice service above is in quotes-the other reason I dumped them is the terrible customer service and the poor spoken English of said customer service. :whistle:
And to the OP, sorry to hi-jack, but E73 made a good point, and this was why I felt the need to add to it.

REW
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REW » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:48 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
E73Bass wrote: And as of a few weeks ago...I am reconsidering ,my paypal useage altogether...they will not allow you to pay for any purchase on line for ammunition.
I agree 110%. For those of you who don't know, Paypal supports anti-gun lobbyists on Capitol Hill to the tune of millions of dollars each year. That's the primary reason I quit using their "service".
I can happily say that I haven't used them in years.

As for the exchange rates, it really is coming at a bad time. I have been trying to find excuses to not get another Conquest, and this is making it very difficult.

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:01 pm

REW wrote:

As for the exchange rates, it really is coming at a bad time. I have been trying to find excuses to not get another Conquest, and this is making it very difficult.
I purchased a Conquest from a Canadian Retailer and it cost me $679.00 CDN

As of today, the price for a Conquest at JapanAngler is $384.52 US
Shipping is approx. $16.00 so the total cost of that reel after conversion to CDN is approx $470.00
If I factor in the sales taxes and the $7.00 brokerage fee for Canada Post, that brings the grand total to approx $540.00 CND

If I decide to purchase a second Conquest ... it's a no brainer.
As for using PayPal, I really don't care if they are Anti "whatever".
It's the JDM stuff I'm after and if I need to use PayPal to purchase, I do.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:52 pm

StarTzar wrote: As for using PayPal, I really don't care if they are Anti "whatever".
Most of the JDM sites accept Mastercard/Visa/Amex. Paypal isn't necessary. And since you're up in Canada, I don't think it matters to you about paypal being anti-gun, since your ability to buy/sell/own a gun there has almost been legislated out of existence. The Canadian gov't. is very serious about gun control, nevermind that the cities with the strictest laws also have the highest gun crime rate. Not being facetious, as it's the same way here in the metropolitan areas such as D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, etc. Just pointing out that gun control laws don't work. :roll: But I'm with you on acquiring the JDM stuff!

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:49 am

hoohoorjoo wrote: Most of the JDM sites accept Mastercard/Visa/Amex. Paypal isn't necessary.
Japan Angler payment option is PayPal only ... but I may be wrong.
In any case, I rather pay through PayPal as it is a direct witdrawal from my account.
I save the credit card fees.
When I purchase fishing related stuff in Canada, I usually go to my favorite shop and I always pay with my debit card which is as good as cash.

As far as all the other political stuff, it's like religion ... I try to stay away from those debates.

I just hope that the YEN keeps on droping. It will save me more money when I purchase my second Conquest.

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:34 am

Digitaka is another vendor to peruse for your JDM goodness. Nice thing about them is the inclusion of shipping within the price of the reel. They do carry Shimano as well as Daiwa

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Well I couldn't resist the 409.00 price tag on the IS73c at JA...had to grab one...and now I'm feeling guilty about using paypal :(

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm

RISE wrote:Well I couldn't resist the 409.00 price tag on the IS73c at JA...had to grab one...and now I'm feeling guilty about using paypal :(
The guilt feeling will soon be forgotten once you receive the reel. 8-)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:27 pm

RISE wrote:Well I couldn't resist the 409.00 price tag on the IS73c at JA...had to grab one...and now I'm feeling guilty about using paypal :(
:lol: Feed that monkey, Greg!

carl-c
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by carl-c » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 am

That is a terrible selection, it would really be bad if that was your only option.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:26 am

Wow! Looks like it's time to shut down my PP account. [-X

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 pm

It's a tough world to live in if you won't do business with anyone that holds politics you disagree with...
If you guys want to start throwing your credit card around to private sellers and overseas retailers, be my guest. I am sticking with Paypal, they've bailed me out from shitty sellers many times.
My 2 cents.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:54 pm

I have never had a problem with PP...this said, if a service that I pay a premium to dictates their political view on my ability to purchase, say, ammunition - well then, that is personal in my book. Not just a political view.

My two cents

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:55 pm

My apologies for the double post. I deleted this duplicate.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:00 pm

StarTzar wrote:
REW wrote:

I purchased a Conquest from a Canadian Retailer and it cost me $679.00 CDN

As of today, the price for a Conquest at JapanAngler is $384.52 US
Shipping is approx. $16.00 so the total cost of that reel after conversion to CDN is approx $470.00
If I factor in the sales taxes and the $7.00 brokerage fee for Canada Post, that brings the grand total to approx $540.00 CND

If I decide to purchase a second Conquest ... it's a no brainer.
As for using PayPal, I really don't care if they are Anti "whatever".
Wow....