YEN Continues Dropping

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: YEN Continues Dropping

Post by the hooligan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:17 pm

This is bad for me, im in the market for a jdm spinning reel and dont have the money :crying:

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:13 am

Funny to watch, how yen is continue to drop and prices are rising on Japanese brands :)
Another point to buy directly from Japan.

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 am

Can someone explain to me why the price of my reel goes up an additional $20 once I go to pay? I'm get a Stella from Japan angler and their price with shipping is one thing, but when I go to pay for it, it goes up another $20. What's the deal?

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:02 am

Cracker wrote:Funny to watch, how yen is continue to drop and prices are rising on Japanese brands :)
Simple supply and demand.

Websites like this are promoting JDM amongst American anglers and driving up the demand. By bringing it here and posting it here members are hurting themselves by driving up prices.
Last edited by Cagey on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 am

Cagey wrote:
Cracker wrote:Funny to watch, how yen is continue to drop and prices are rising on Japanese brands :)
So keep on telling the world how great JDM is because all you are doing is driving the prices up and up and up.
.... same thing happened with bearings. Prices are now out of control. :big grin:

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 am

Cagey wrote:
......while over here fishermen with too much money.....
...make it rain on them JDM's ? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 am

"So keep on telling the world how great JDM is because all you are doing is driving the prices up and up and up."

Just keep buying those crap rods for $20.00 and keep the chinese in business. However, you will not divulge what the rods are called and where you get them for fear there is going to be a run on crap rods. I hope when you do ask a question or want an opinion, others remember your "all about me" position. As far as your fishing spots, take your $20.00 rods and a banjo and have a ball with your buddy.

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 am

A serious case of bad attitude. I think you do a good Thor impression!
Last edited by Cagey on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am

Cagey wrote:A serious case of bad attitude. I think you do a good Thor impression!

If they were cheap rods I don't think I would keeping it under wraps. In my ever so humble opinion, when someone can buy a brand new $150.00 rod under warranty at auction for under $20.00 they are doing good and in no way does that make it a crappy rod.

Now bad attitude dude, these rods come with a warranty. And since the manufacturer themself are liquidating all remaining old stock rods to make room for their new rods, * if * I break one of these old models they will give me their new rod as a replacement because they won't have any more of the old rods. I kind of like knowing this for my $20.00.

You see grouchy old man, I am in the market for another flippin' and pitchin' rod and and another MH fast action 7 footer and this is precisely what they are liquidating right now. So I have no shame in paying under $20.00 for the rod. Me just thinks you be jealous.

You said: "Just keep buying those crap rods for $20.00 and keep the chinese in business."

What is really funny is that today a growing percentage of JDM is actually CDM but quite a few money bags in America are just clueless about that and will plop their hundreds down (or one dollar bills) for something Japan paid peanuts for from China and resell it as JDM and old money bags is no wiser to the scam. What is interesting is that in America you find "made in China" on many products required by law, but for those keeping a secret overseas there is no requirement or law to divulge country of origin. So its JDM dammit!

So I am not the only one keeping China in business- the JDM customers are doing a fantastic job of it too and don't even know it!

Fishing spot revealed: Florida!

We caught more than 30 near this size in under three hours.

Well you do seem to love Chinese products because you can't stop talking about them. Buy what you want, it's makes no difference to me. Just realize that this is the enthusiast section so high end tackle is going to be discussed and if you condemn people for spending money, you will probably get some angry posts.

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 pm

I did not condemn anyone and I do not deserve any anger or angry posts thrown my way. We are suppose to be mature grown men around here who can handle it when people say things we don't agree with.

Personal attack posts should get them banned instantly.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Cagey wrote:
Simple supply and demand.
Sorry, I actually mentioned about prices rising here in US on USDM.
Recently checked lures I wanted to replace DUO, LC, Megabass - prices went up for a dollar or two in a year. I'm not talking how much MSRP prices on reels here, for example Daiwa Certate (~300 vs 500).
Prices in Japan actually are dropping in dollars, this is why it even better do shopping over there.

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Cracker wrote: Prices in Japan actually are dropping in dollars, this is why it even better do shopping over there.
I wonder if prices are dropping over there because of some other issues besides currency values? Their prices are still too high though. I won't pay it but if some can afford it all the power to them!

I also have to wonder now how much of the JDM products are actually made in China and sold as JDM and if this is affecting some of the prices going down over there?

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:05 am

Lets keep this thread on topic and keep personalities out of it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for joining and participating in our discussion forum. We provide this message board as a place for discussion surrounding all things fishing tackle related with a couple of areas for other interests as well. We ask that you keep things civil and use common sense when posting questions, replies, or other topics for discussion. Even so, we need to set forth some guidelines and rules as to what is and is not acceptable on this forum. These rules are not intended to be all inclusive but serve as a general overview. TackleTour and its agents reserves the right to edit posts for content and/or remove them entirely should any topic violate the following rules and guidelines. Flagrant or repeated abuse of the rules and guidelines may result in suspension or deactivation of your account without prior warning.

- No Personal Attacks : Name calling, racial slurs, or any other demeaning behavior will result in immediate suspension.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:06 am

Cagey wrote:
Cracker wrote: Prices in Japan actually are dropping in dollars, this is why it even better do shopping over there.
I wonder if prices are dropping over there because of some other issues besides currency values? Their prices are still too high though. I won't pay it but if some can afford it all the power to them!

I also have to wonder now how much of the JDM products are actually made in China and sold as JDM and if this is affecting some of the prices going down over there?
I think they dropping just because the currency ratio.
Yes, they high, however in US they even higher :)
Doesn't matter if most of it made in Chine, it still called JDM, percentage of Japanese USDM made in China about the same or higher here.
I agree, bringing manufacturing process from high-pay to low-pay salary countries like China should bring the prices down for consumers, however it didn't happen. Same thing happened here if you recall, when prices for groceries and etc. quickly went up several years ago, and how they explained - it happened "because of gas prices hike", since that prices for gas went down (from 3.99 to 2.69 for one gallon), no one even bothered to bring prices on previous level :) The rich get richer and the middle class get poorer...

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 am

I think that is a good point. JDM does not mean made in Japan. It mean made FOR the Japanese Domestic Market. The mystique of these products is that they usually seem to perform better than the stuff for the USDM (which again does not mean made in the USA). And for he most part, most of their stuff just looks better!