T3 Air knob axis colour

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

T3 Air knob axis colour

Post by kakaryan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 pm

For the T3 Air 6.8, all have yellow handle plate and cast control knob.

But I have noticed some have yellow "knob axis" and some have red. Why? :?: :?: :?:

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: T3 Air knob axis colour

Post by africanbass » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:23 am

Interesting,never actually noticed.
Thanks
In this case I wish Daiwa stayed with the all red color scheme.Gold just looks wrong on the 6.3 :?

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 am

The shafts on mine are red. I hadn't really noticed this either. I like the few gold accents on the reel though.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:11 pm

My friend who works for Daiwa Aus has no idea either.

I guess the yellow ones might be prototype, as they seem only appear in earlier photos, eg casting test and promotion fucntion.

The later user photos and those I saw in local store are all red.

Just curious. :) I think red looks better too.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Aaronb wrote:The shafts on mine are red. I hadn't really noticed this either. I like the few gold accents on the reel though.
What rod have you bought for your T3 finally? I remember u asked this months ago. Skyray? :mrgreen:

Aquarium
Angler
Angler

Post by Aquarium » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:05 am

I have the two versions in left hand and all of them are red in the axis knobs. I prefer the red ones...
I love this reel. My biggest bass so far with this reel are a 1.7kg with a 0.20 nylon line. The drag of this reels are very good and smooth.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 pm

How is the T3 Air? I was always curious if it would be worth the upgrade from my PX Type R. I have the Finesse Spool and bearing upgrade. Is the Air that much better to justify the cost?

Aquarium
Angler
Angler

Post by Aquarium » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:52 am

I never try any PX so I don`t know. But I can tell you that I have lot of experience with the T3 Air. I can skip any soft plastic in 4g to 7g very easy. Can cast 30m with a 4 to 7g lure, pitch a 2 to 3 g lure or soft plastic about 15m very acurate. The T3 Air secret is to loose the spool and use your thumb. And I fish the reels with 0.20 fluoro or 0.22 mono and spool 50 m at max, sometimes 60m with fresh new line. The drag is super smooth. I love when I catch a big bass that pulls out line. Its very exciting because you have to work the fish... due to the line diameter.

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:10 pm

kakaryan wrote:
Aaronb wrote:The shafts on mine are red. I hadn't really noticed this either. I like the few gold accents on the reel though.
What rod have you bought for your T3 finally? I remember u asked this months ago. Skyray? :mrgreen:
I built a rod on a St. Croix blank. It's only a 4'6" ultralight. I was considering buying a high end factory rod. This one is working so well I haven't talked myself into it. I can cast a 1/16 oz jig head with no worm and no thumb 80 ft with no effort at all. I haven't tried below that yet or to get more distance.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:46 am

I used a 6ft MHX spin jig, ultralight spinning blank for my PX. It weighs next to nothing and casts weightless 4in worms a mile. I feel the extra fast tip is limiting what I can throw on the rig.