daiwa t3 mx

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

daiwa t3 mx

Post by capesmallie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Any one have any opinions or experience with the t3 mx? I am looking for a work horse to go on my black jungle slow rolling deep cranking. I like the all black look of the t3 but don't want to buy a dud.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: daiwa t3 mx

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:30 pm

I love mine to death. Fun to fish, no complaints. With that said, I don't like throwing anything real heavy with it, nor would I use it for deep cranks. Not the 1st reel that comes to mind when I think work horse.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:56 pm

I agree with Hogsticker. I love my T3BXS, but it excels at mid-sized baits like spinners, buzzbaits, jerkbaits, topwater, and weightless large plastics. I would use one of my Zillions or TDS for cranking over it for sure.

DaveJ

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:39 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:I agree with Hogsticker. I love my T3BXS, but it excels at mid-sized baits like spinners, buzzbaits, jerkbaits, topwater, and weightless large plastics. I would use one of my Zillions or TDS for cranking over it for sure.

DaveJ
What do you mean by mid-sized spinners?

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:49 am

I've been thinking of using a T3 MX 1016H as a spinnerbait reel.
Mostly in the 3/8 to 1/2 oz weights.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:52 am

StarTzar wrote:I've been thinking of using a T3 MX 1016H as a spinnerbait reel.
Never had an MX, but I used my 1016 for 3/8-1/2oz spinnerbaits quite a bit and it was fantastic. You can fling them an absolute mile and I didn't reel like the reel struggled with the resistance.

I will say that the T3 is the last reel I would probably choose for flipping, and for deep crankbaits. Kind of shame, because it can pitch and cast with the best of them, it just doesn't feel solid enough to me when reeling heavy resistance baits.

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:15 am

tywithay wrote:
Never had an MX, but I used my 1016 for 3/8-1/2oz spinnerbaits quite a bit and it was fantastic. You can fling them an absolute mile and I didn't reel like the reel struggled with the resistance.

I will say that the T3 is the last reel I would probably choose for flipping, and for deep crankbaits. Kind of shame, because it can pitch and cast with the best of them, it just doesn't feel solid enough to me when reeling heavy resistance baits.
OK thanks for the information. I was concerned that the MX might not work against the resistance of spinnerbaits.
I'm thinking the MX would work as well as the 1016H.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

StarTzar wrote:
tywithay wrote:

OK thanks for the information. I was concerned that the MX might not work against the resistance of spinnerbaits.
I'm thinking the MX would work as well as the 1016H.
I use the MX and FX reels for the spinnerbaits you mentioned, perfect

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks for the info guys reel is on its way