F3-610DGS - Best ever?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

F3-610DGS - Best ever?

Post by SouthArkFishin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 pm

:big grin: Figured that thread title might grab some attention. Thought it might make for some interesting wintertime conversation if y'all would chime in with your opinions on what you think is the best MB spinning rod of all time. I know that's extremely subjective, but so is most everything else that gets discussed on here. You can pick one because it's your favorite drop shot rod, or perhaps because it can sling a 1/16oz jig head a country mile. Maybe it's the most versatile MB spin rod you ever fished. Maybe it's the one you caught your personal best on. And last, but certainly not least, maybe you think it's the best looking one ol' Yuki ever kicked out. Seeing as how I still don't have my first MB spinning rod I still hafta go by looks for now. Personally I like the old school stuff more. Definitely flashier than most of the current sticks.

F3-610DGS A Martens Ltd
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
Hedgehog Evoluzion F4st-69RSDti
image.jpg
image.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
F3•1/2-70XSGti Jade Python
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

F2•1/2-710XS ICBM C-Ltd
image.jpg
image.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: F3-610DGS - Best ever?

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 am

It certainly seems that the older stuff was much flashier. I really like the thread wraps a d graphics of those rods.

Why have they gotten away from that styling?

Stockinger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Stockinger » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

Money, money, money...

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 am

Kool topic SouthArkFishin - BTW, I like the pic of that old school folding handle on that Daiwa threadline.
RMCatchNrelease wrote:It certainly seems that the older stuff was much flashier. I really like the thread wraps a d graphics of those rods.

Why have they gotten away from that styling?

Manufacturing costs vs profit return.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:54 am

I wouldn't mind that rod..

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:16 am

JerryC wrote:I wouldn't mind that rod..
I'd be more that happy with any of the rods I posted pics of. A swimbait rod is next on my list, but after that it's Hello! spinning rod. Gonna try and narrow down the want list between now and then and hopefully I'll be able to find the one I decide on. It'll probably be one of the ones I posted. Not saying I won't ever buy a new MB rod, but the style on the older stuff is just so sick. I'm my opinion as far as their current spinning rods go anything outside of the X7 or Evoluzion series rods are pretty boring looking. And right now $700-$800 for a rod, spinning or bc, is more than I can justify spending even with the fishing gear monkey on my back. I've only got about $700 all together in the three MB rods I've bought used and I love every one of em. Sure I don't have any warranty on em and if I keep buying used I'm sure eventually I'll break one and hafta eat it, but I get to fish a lot higher class rod than I would otherwise.

bkbz520
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bkbz520 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:43 am

I have both of the first the dgs is a great shakey head rod and the hedgehog has to be the best vertical dropshot rod there is. some people say the hedgehog is delicate with the stinger tip but I have caught many 4 pound plus smallmouth on it with no problems.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:16 pm

SouthArkFishin wrote:
JerryC wrote:I wouldn't mind that rod..
I'd be more that happy with any of the rods I posted pics of. A swimbait rod is next on my list, but after that it's Hello! spinning rod. Gonna try and narrow down the want list between now and then and hopefully I'll be able to find the one I decide on. It'll probably be one of the ones I posted. Not saying I won't ever buy a new MB rod, but the style on the older stuff is just so sick. I'm my opinion as far as their current spinning rods go anything outside of the X7 or Evoluzion series rods are pretty boring looking. And right now $700-$800 for a rod, spinning or bc, is more than I can justify spending even with the fishing gear monkey on my back. I've only got about $700 all together in the three MB rods I've bought used and I love every one of em. Sure I don't have any warranty on em and if I keep buying used I'm sure eventually I'll break one and hafta eat it, but I get to fish a lot higher class rod than I would otherwise.

jpangler has the x7's and evoluzions for about half of what they are stateside... since you dont seem to have too much of a problem without a warranty, and if you can wait till they have the rod you want in stock, it would be an option.

i have only used 1 megabass rod, the orochi xx drop shot rod, but i liked it so much that i stepped up to the x4 version of that rod this winter (have had it about a week!)...i wont be able to use the rod for a while as everything here is frozen now, im very excited about it! i have gone over it, perfect build in every respect, megabass does some great work.

i will say that the original aaron martens limited is a beautiful rod, and anything below a destroyer phase 3 is a bit boring looks wise, they are great performing rods. i like them MUCH better than any fo the st croixs i have owned, and if they X4 is nicer than the XX, i will rpobably always wonder what the phase 3/ x7/ evoluzions are like. perhaps someday when the prices are good, and they have the rods i would want in stock, ill place an order with jpangler, but until then im happy with the 2 i have now!

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:09 pm

jpangler has the x7's and evoluzions for about half of what they are stateside... since you dont seem to have too much of a problem without a warranty, and if you can wait till they have the rod you want in stock, it would be an option.

i have only used 1 megabass rod, the orochi xx drop shot rod, but i liked it so much that i stepped up to the x4 version of that rod this winter (have had it about a week!)...i wont be able to use the rod for a while as everything here is frozen now, im very excited about it! i have gone over it, perfect build in every respect, megabass does some great work.

i will say that the original aaron martens limited is a beautiful rod, and anything below a destroyer phase 3 is a bit boring looks wise, they are great performing rods. i like them MUCH better than any fo the st croixs i have owned, and if they X4 is nicer than the XX, i will rpobably always wonder what the phase 3/ x7/ evoluzions are like. perhaps someday when the prices are good, and they have the rods i would want in stock, ill place an order with jpangler, but until then im happy with the 2 i have now!
Congrats on your new rod! Maybe y'all will get an early thaw this year so you won't hafta wait so long to use it. And yeah, I've done my fair share of drooling over JPAngler, Zone Japan, and a couple of other sites and their prices on the new X7s and Evoluzions. I may go that route one day as I'd love to have the Elseil in either one of those series. The only problem is that right now all the rods I want seem to be older models except for the SRD and it's one of those that's hardly ever in stock. Plus by the time you add in shipping and customs charges(anything over $200 gets hit) a $400-$500 rod jumps up to around $600-$700. So far I've been very, very lucky and gotten some stellar deals from some great TT members on the rods I've bought. Hopefully my luck will hold and if not there's always Tackleberry.

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Congrats on your new rod! Maybe y'all will get an early thaw this year so you won't hafta wait so long to use it. And yeah, I've done my fair share of drooling over JPAngler, Zone Japan, and a couple of other sites and their prices on the new X7s and Evoluzions. I may go that route one day as I'd love to have the Elseil in either one of those series. The only problem is that right now all the rods I want seem to be older models except for the SRD and it's one of those that's hardly ever in stock. Plus by the time you add in shipping and customs charges(anything over $200 gets hit) a $400-$500 rod jumps up to around $600-$700. So far I've been very, very lucky and gotten some stellar deals from some great TT members on the rods I've bought. Hopefully my luck will hold and if not there's always Tackleberry.

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:44 pm

The Jade Python is my favorite, so versatile that I've caught from Bass to Yellowfin Tuna on it. 3000 Morethan Branzino is. Perfect match.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 pm

The old Destroyer Evoluzion looks so great. I don't often use spinning but love the F1-63XSDti Lycaon Evolution. It matches the TD-ito 2506C perfectly.

I have a SSXX 72ML too which has the similar slant bridge design of the Jade Python. Like the balance and the power of this rod but the tip is a bit too soft and whippy as a "general purpose" rod.