New Aldebaran and Metanium DC small pics and specs

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
springcreek
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Aldebaran and Metanium DC small pics and specs

Post by springcreek » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 am

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:43 am

$385.......Japan Angler where you at.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:00 am

I've reserved a couple already from jpangler, Met.DC 6.2 price 45,700JPY and Aldebaran 50HG 34,000JPY

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:39 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:The Alde reminded me of Flight of the Navigator...

DaveJ
This has been mentioned several times before...with the original Antares/CL200 series and Antares AR/CL100A. I think as well, that the CL and Antares looks more like the ship from Flight of the Navigator. 8-)

Both reels should be awesome performers. I am hoping this next Gen Metanium DC is a nice upgrade from the Exsence DC.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 pm

All we need now is a the CQ51 release!!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:47 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:All we need now is a the CQ51 release!!
Yeppers.....

For me, I am more excited about the CQ300/CQ400! So will this be considered a 15 CQ, instead of a 14 CQ? Super compact, super smooth casting with braid, awesome power, lighter than Gen 1?!?

Bring it on! :big grin:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Phippy wrote:I've reserved a couple already from jpangler, Met.DC 6.2 price 45,700JPY and Aldebaran 50HG 34,000JPY
That's bold based on the limited pics and info, but I feel you, I want them both too. =D>

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Aldy is 33000 from digitaka with free shipping. $285ish out the door for an upgraded new Core 50...sweet...

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm

If that weight is accurate I will be buying 1 the second I can. Knobs look weird, but presumably can be changed to power grip II's. Does anyone think this means a new USDM Core is coming at ICAST? Maybe just make the JDM available? My only issue with JDM is warranty support of course, price is much better for sure.

Awesome that big changes are still possible in reels:)

Rick

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:00 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Yeppers.....

For me, I am more excited about the CQ300/CQ400! So will this be considered a 15 CQ, instead of a 14 CQ? Super compact, super smooth casting with braid, awesome power, lighter than Gen 1?!?

that thing will be as small as the pen ( not the brand) rod/reels you can buy on ebay!

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 pm

springcreek wrote:http://www.japantackle.com/Shimano/Shim ... an2015.htm
Looks it's on the way soon.
Alright, with the pic blown up a bit, it doesn't look all that bad. I will now reserve judgement until I can see some better photos of this thing.

Hopefully we will get to see some pics from the shows that aren't as grainy...

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Man that Aldebaran is sweet! Exactly what I've been wanting, that weight is impressive. Already reserved one to, gonna put one on my 842 NRX for wading shallow inshore flats for redfish. Keep the info coming!

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 am

i don't doubt the performance, but am i the only one who thinks the designers are losing their edge? these look super funky to me, im staying old school for now... 8-)

treadwellpat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by treadwellpat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 am

X10

leolwt13
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by leolwt13 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:32 am

H8R wrote:
dragon1 wrote:
Yeppers.....

that thing will be as small as the pen ( not the brand) rod/reels you can buy on ebay!
Hi there H8R, u are actually half correct on the brand. Those cheap knockoffs on ebay sux. But the real Penfishingrods.com which is based in USA really produces a micro round bc that casts, cranks, with a couple of bearings, cast ctrl knob n a working star drag. Just some freeplay thats expected from its low cost n a really slow gear ratio. Its too tiny to place a level wind. So it does take a little thumb education n dialing in. But once u are familiar it quite amazing when u can easily make casts of 10-30yds depending on the choice of lures. I was immediately poisoned when i googled upon the website n ordered thru them. Paid a fair bit for international shipping too coz im far east. This is a setup i use for mischief n fun factor to up the difficulty on light game n when i can have a fishing setup in my cargos or a small pouch when i fish by a small river where i live. Its just one of those gift like purchases that doesnt hurt n gives u alot of fun too. They do come with a set of reel seat brackets to fit normal rods if u have a use for it.

Just be extra careful not to set it hard on the strike n u can be amazed what u land with it. Not forgetting the thrill from the battle. Im sure there are guys who use this to get baitfish like bonitos for their offshore trips. Iv seen some videos getting small jacks, mullets, barramundi n tarpons its pretty intoxicating.

Sorry for the sidetrack. The new aldebaran 50 really has look unlike any other low profiles out there. It gives me a pagani zonda first impression with that ultra sharp nose. With that weight it makes it the lightest bc reel in the market i believe.

Incase anyone is interested in those mischief micro setups do check out the website. Seems that he might have more goodies to offer this year.