JPAngler Lonnnnng wait

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

JPAngler Lonnnnng wait

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 pm

I placed an order on 2/2, it left Tokyo on 2/4 and that was the last EMS update. JPA is having EMS look into it, but just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Japanese orders lately. I know the weather was horrible for a bit...but 2 weeks and no update. Grrrrrrrrrr

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JPAngler Lonnnnng wait

Post by Aaronb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 pm

I've had a few orders in the last year fall of the planet with no trace for like a week or two. They show up eventually though.

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 pm

I placed a couple of orders with someone else not only was it a while showing up, they never updated and the package just showed up

mitchct
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mitchct » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:30 pm

lund40 wrote:I placed a couple of orders with someone else not only was it a while showing up, they never updated and the package just showed up
I see this happen occasionally also. It seems the tracking info is great on the Japan side, then when it hits the US the Customs/Post Office updates are much less timely. And sometimes I get the delivery while the status shows "In Customs".

My wait times lately have not been quite since 2/4 but these past 10 days or so it's been slow. In my case stuff shipping around the 10th and arriving at O'Hare from Japan the 12th and 13th sat in Customs until Tuesday the 17th because of the President's Day holiday I guess, then arrived Wednesday the 18th. Some stuff I"m waiting on from out east has been a little slow because of the bad weather, one package has been "accepted" at the post office in PA for four days with no further information.

So you are probably just getting typical weather and holiday delays but if it doesn't show up by early to mid-next week I'd say it's in a black hole somewhere.

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Indeed,tracking has been sketchy on a couple of my orders, like no info for a week,then magically shows up.
The order usually gets here from Japan in good time,but once it come out of customs and into the USPS system things get weird.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Redfish wrote:I placed an order on 2/2, it left Tokyo on 2/4 and that was the last EMS update. JPA is having EMS look into it, but just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Japanese orders lately. I know the weather was horrible for a bit...but 2 weeks and no update. Grrrrrrrrrr
It is probably due to the terrible weather we have been having in the Northeast. Your order is most likely stuck in customs.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 pm

In the past 3 weeks I've order 2 rods and 2 reels and I can't day enough about jpangler. Orders came in really fast. Just this Sunday paid for a reel and came in Wednesday! Some of the issues I'm hearing isn't really on JPs end. EMS and customs have their own issues.

lordhell
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lordhell » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:06 am

I got hit twice already for import duties with EMS packages this year, USPS mailman collected during delivery. Both times, packages seemed to be stuck at US Customs for a long time, same as your case. I think the long wait could be due to US Customs checking through and marking selected packages for import duties.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:15 am

last two reels have got hit with duty/taxes too :oops:

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:35 am

Bass1980 wrote:In the past 3 weeks I've order 2 rods and 2 reels and I can't day enough about jpangler. Orders came in really fast. Just this Sunday paid for a reel and came in Wednesday! Some of the issues I'm hearing isn't really on JPs end. EMS and customs have their own issues.
X2, Kazu is pretty awesome.

smallykiller
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by smallykiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:54 am

Ordered reel from jpangler Feb. 17, on my door step Feb. 20. That's faster than ordering something in USA. I have also had similar experiences from ichiban tackle.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 am

I have had no issues on the transit times recently, but this sounds like a EMS/USPS problem, not a JPAngler issue. The storms have caused all types of issues with FedEx and UPS deliveries for me as well, just hang tight!

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:36 am

smallykiller wrote:Ordered reel from jpangler Feb. 17, on my door step Feb. 20. That's faster than ordering something in USA. I have also had similar experiences from ichiban tackle.
Every order i made with ichiban tackle have come in 3 days

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 am

Bass1980 wrote:In the past 3 weeks I've order 2 rods and 2 reels and I can't day enough about jpangler. Orders came in really fast. Just this Sunday paid for a reel and came in Wednesday! Some of the issues I'm hearing isn't really on JPs end. EMS and customs have their own issues.
No problem with jpa at all,all of my previous orders have been here in less than 5 days. I definitely know it is not a jpa problem. Just frustrated with the system.

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 am

First thing I ever ordered from Japan was from JpAngler last Nov. It was a new Stella. I ordered it on a Thursday and I had it in my hands on that Saturday morning. I kid you not. I will be ordering from them again.