Zonda clicking star converter kit?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jowo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zonda clicking star converter kit?

Post by jowo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:26 am

thanks for the info, guys. trying to decide if it's worth it to spend like $80 just to get a clicky drag. LOL

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by slicksouthpaw » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:15 pm

one thing i hate about non clicking drag stars is it always seem to come undone very easily.

i always put my rod handle/reel under my armpit when im handling a fish. thats when it seems to happen the most. and i wont realize it until i hook into the next fish and i got no stopping power.

having to constatly check is my drag is dialed in gets annoying. love my daiwa luna but it gets annoying wth the drag star.

its well worth the upgrade if you plan on using the reel a bit just my opinion. my next upgrade for sure. i will be checking in on this theead quite a bit

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 pm

jowo wrote:thanks for the info, guys. trying to decide if it's worth it to spend like $80 just to get a clicky drag. LOL
From a functionality standpoint, I don't think the clicking dragstar is really worth the cost. That said, I like it on the reels I've added it to. Fished a Sol and an Airy Red pixy for years with a non-clicking drag and never had any issues.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:18 pm

smalliesteve wrote:
jowo wrote:thanks for the info, guys. trying to decide if it's worth it to spend like $80 just to get a clicky drag. LOL
From a functionality standpoint, I don't think the clicking dragstar is really worth the cost. That said, I like it on the reels I've added it to. Fished a Sol and an Airy Red pixy for years with a non-clicking drag and never had any issues.
Same here, i actually removed the clicking mod from my PX68 and just went with an Avail Star drag. No issues for the past decade.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 am

Not having a clicking drag star has been the ONE thing that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Zonda. It may not really be a factor as far as performance goes, but I'm just stubborn. It doesn't take much for me to "give in", however. :whistle: ](*,)

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:43 am

Ham Solo wrote:Not having a clicking drag star has been the ONE thing that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Zonda. It may not really be a factor as far as performance goes, but I'm just stubborn. It doesn't take much for me to "give in", however. :whistle: ](*,)
To click or not to click ... I can use both. I'm starting to prefer the non clicking.
The Zonda is one sweet reel. I'm working on convincing myself to get a second one.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 am

StarTzar wrote:
Ham Solo wrote:Not having a clicking drag star has been the ONE thing that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Zonda. It may not really be a factor as far as performance goes, but I'm just stubborn. It doesn't take much for me to "give in", however. :whistle: ](*,)
To click or not to click ... I can use both. I'm starting to prefer the non clicking.
The Zonda is one sweet reel. I'm working on convincing myself to get a second one.
I'm sure that I could get used to it.

To Zonda or not to Zonda..... 8-[

Megabassjohn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Megabassjohn » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:22 am

I like clicking on all aspects so don't misread ...but a clicking drag seems likes overkill and I like overkill ! But not having it on pixzillas and alphas r has me ok with not having it , so I also just purchase another zonda as I like this little screamer. :big grin:

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 am

Megabassjohn wrote:I like clicking on all aspects so don't misread ...but a clicking drag seems likes overkill and I like overkill ! But not having it on pixzillas and alphas r has me ok with not having it , so I also just purchase another zonda as I like this little screamer. :big grin:
It's only a matter of time for me... :oops:

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Ham Solo wrote:
Megabassjohn wrote:I like clicking on all aspects so don't misread ...but a clicking drag seems likes overkill and I like overkill ! But not having it on pixzillas and alphas r has me ok with not having it , so I also just purchase another zonda as I like this little screamer. :big grin:
It's only a matter of time for me... :oops:
So easily swayed :lol: lol
Just get the other Steez Limited, and own the dynamic duo :big grin: I will soon enough...the Limited Steez SV in my hands is unreal.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:25 am

trent_s wrote:Just get the other Steez Limited, and own the dynamic duo :big grin:
I'm working on it. :big grin:

goblue
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by goblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 am

Sorry for unearthing this REALLY old post, but wanted to ask a questions based
on possibly new ways to add a clicking drag to sols/alphas/zonda reel iterations.

In my limited understanding, previously the only way to get these reels drag clickers
were the tackletrap alphas drag clicker kit, which I believe was based on a modified
pixy type r drive shaft.

I was wondering if the drive shaft from the alphas sv, sv 105, or alphas air could simply be
swapped into the zonda, along with spacing washers and a clicking dragstar to achieve
the same end. Anybody try this upgrade?

Jayce
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jayce » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:48 am

I have a TD SOL L that i like to have a clicky drag star.
Is there other reels (TDX, TDS or TDZ) that can be parts swapped ?
Doesn't need to be a swept star or handle just like a clicking drag star.

Thanx